Mossberg ATR .243

Discussion in 'Shooting' started by davidlt89, Jun 21, 2013.

1. After loaning my encore in 25-06 to a friend for his son to use, it did not take to long to figure out the gun was to heavy for his son to shoulder and take a shot!!! So since my oldest son will be hunting this year, I decided to try and find a youth rifle that fit him, I decided on the mossberg ATR super bantam. This rifle fits my son like a glove and has two stock extension (each an inch) to add as he grows. I also like the 297.00 price tag the FFL quoted me.

At one time I had this same rifle but with a camo stock in the same caliber, I sold it to get the encore in 25-06 so my son whould have a little more beef on the bear stand, who would of guessed.

Anyway, I got the scope and rings tonight and put it on. here is a picture of the gun with the scope mounted.
    [​IMG]

I decided to try the burris signature rings with the weaver bases that came on the gun, I like the concept!!!! I did up the loads last weekend and hopefully will shoot this weekend. I got to looking at the numbers on quickload, and to be honest, see no reason why he cannot use this gun at the bear stand!!! I think the 100gr Hornady BTSP moving at around 2,800fps with 1,727ft-lbs of energy out of the muzzle should work just fine!!!
    [​IMG]

More to come!!!! God Bless.

2. I have the exact same .243. only question is, do you half a 50mm leupold rifleman scope on it by any chance? I'm shooting remington accutips out of mine getting a decent grouping. and I'm a mediocre shot.