Piss poor timing

Discussion in 'Bows and Accessories' started by JSINPAWOODS, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Got the chance to hunt with my new Barnett in PA. for deer & turkey also if one presents a chance. I set up along a well known trail at the edge of a field in my tree stand. With daylight savings time, I found myself in the stand an Hr. before daylight, which i found out last year that they will cross the field just before daybreak. This year my stand wasn't as productive, i did see 2 small does 2 days in a row & 1 large deer crossed the field just before daybreak but I could not make out what it was. I had no thoughts or hopes on getting a shot at a turkey what so ever, yet I heard the distinct call approaching closer & closer and thought maybe i will get a shot. Sure enough 2 showed up over the stone wall the 1st had a beard. I raised my cross bow and pointed it just in front and waited, certain he would step into my shot path. Just like that gone! I had to lower it to see where they went like a ghost it disappeared. Did they see me move? Did they spot a small exposed part of my face? did I not get the bow up well before they were in range? these are questions I always beat myself up afterwords when thing don't turn out. I also think that you can overhunt a stand where they will be on to you or your scent.