Resident Alternates

Discussion in 'Maine Moose Hunting' started by Caoimhin, Jun 29, 2014.

1. I was selected as a resident alternate. Anyone know how far down the list they got in 2013? 2012? Just trying to figure out how much of a chance I have....

Thanks...

2. No Clue.........But keep your fingers crossed. I think any permits that go unfilled in the early season should be reissued in a later week to meet harvest goals! Giving some one else the chance to tag a moose!

3. That would be a great idea, but, I doubt that they would be willing to do this.. Perhaps a push towards our law makers may make that happen in the future???

4. Falling short on harvest goals then means that moose is increasingly likely to get hit by a car/truck and could cause a fatality. Anyone who draws a tag and fails to fill it should have an added 2 year hold put on their next draw!

5. I have to agree with you once again on that one.. Although I do see some zones all but impossible to fill a tag in. In part due to all the posted land and all that goes with it. Makes those areas are hard to hunt no matter where you are from.
    That would want me to make an exception to a rule like that.. I am talking mostly to our south central type of zones..