1st PA Spring turkey hunt in years

Discussion in 'Maine Turkey Hunting' started by JSINPAWOODS, May 1, 2017.

1. Went out this past Saturday morning with my BIL (Bill) The plan was to set up along the edge of an open field just inside the woods. We headed out at about 5:40 just before daybreak. As soon as we hit the edge of the field, a turkey gobbled right where we were going to set up. I guess we got there a little to late. We decided to change our location to the other side of the field, away from him. I hunted with my cross bow & bill with his shotgun. We were there for about 2-1/2 hrs. before I heard a gobble way off in the distance that answered Bill's mouth reed call. He would give a series of about 6 calls every 15Min. with no response. I decided to give my box call a try, but no luck. Finally I heard a response gobble way off to the left of me. Another 15 Min. went by & Bill hit the call again this time he answered right away closer. I then knew he was on his way. I could see him thru the brush way off over 150 Yards, all fanned out and prancing. He was not in a hurry to come close. We had 2 decoys set up in front of us. Finally he came in range when I slowly started my go pro video. The time on the video shows it took 15 Minutes for him to get into what I thought was a good shooting range for my cross bow. However I shot & missed. I realized that I was using the top cross hair sight. He was much further out than I thought. As well as getting caught up in the moment,(Turkey fever).After the shot he just flinched and continued on his way to the decoys, in full fanned strut. I then knew that Bill would get to shoot him.

2. Austin

Austin Staff Member Admin Super Mod Mod

Are you just trying to upload a youtube video? If so copy the URL, then click the little film icon located at the top of the post response box and paste the URL into there.

3. Ok thanks, I think it is already up in #2 Spring Gobbler, when I clicked on it it came right up

4. Austin

Alright. If you ever have any questions on using this software please let me know.

JSINPAWOODS likes this.
  5. Sure Austin, thanks for the reply. It seems to be little quiet on here these days. Although I am not from Maine, I love the state and enjoyed the bear hunts & hospitality that the guides showed us! Good people!

6. Austin

We are slow, but if you know someone else interested in Maine Hunting please let them know about us.

JSINPAWOODS likes this.