any NEF handi rifle hunters here????????

Discussion in 'Shooting' started by GA Moose, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Just wondering if any handi-rifle hunters here? I have 3 and like plinking, shooting and hunting with them, NEF made in Garder Mass, i have the .17 and the 45-70 and .270 neat little guns for the money..GA Moose

2. Moose

Moose

I got the Inline BP Gun and I love it.

3. I have the Handi in .243 with Bull barrel with a Bushnell 2.5-10X Scope. Zero at 26 yards, checket at 200 yards, and adjusted again. 1 inch high at this yardage. Groups in 2 inches at 200 yards off the hood of my SUV at 8X. Love the gun. It shoot Winchester Super X 100 Gr. real well. Doesn't shoot Federal or Rem ammo very well. Haven't tried a lighter lead in Super X yet. Super X-Walmart- cheepest prices I can find.
    Sure makes a mess of coyotes.................. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. I guess there isn't very many of us out here.
    Got another coyote today..............
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

5. Yes those are death on them too.
    We really need to be thinning them out.
    Seen 4 Yotes on the ice today with a dead deer.
    I'd be saying they drove it out there.
    Couldn't shoot one though......
    To many houses on the shores to try to get a shot.
    Don't need to be sending 100 grain leads into peoples homes............ :shock: :shock: :shock:

6. Check my posts in the predator section...........I would love to see them reduced....but most hunters don't want to bothered by it. I don't see an option........in the Northwoods if we don't kill more 'yotes to save more deer.....the outlook is dismal.

7. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

But, but, but, but, but Potato Man. According to official reports, coyotes have virtually no impact on the deer herd! WHAT SAY YE? :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. In the past ten years I have personally seen deer yards in the isolated Northwoods. Being savagely decimated by the "yote. The fawns/yearlings have no chance against the packs when they move in. I would love to see a study done on the death rates by 'yotes in Northern deer yards. I would assume a biologist would see that Northern Yards are harder hit by this predation. In the south they have more chances to escape.

9. Just the otherday while out atving I came across 3 Yotes chasing deer up by the Katahdin lake area. I didn't have my gun. I will have it next time! Ya they do kill deer.