Anybody here Ice Fish?

Discussion in 'Welcome Mat and Lounge' started by sremington, Oct 2, 2004.

1. The weather is getting a little nippy up here and was thinking about possibly getting into ice fishing. I have never been huge on ice fishing but plan to go out with my wife's uncle a few times this year. He has a nice camp on a lake and goes out quite often.

Anybody here do any ice fishing?

2. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

My last ice fishing adventure was to Eagle Lake in the Allegash. All I caught was a headache from too much blackberry brandy.

3. nimrod

nimrod

I like to go when i get some free time. Usually late febuary when the sun gets high. Fishing is slow then but you get some nice days to be out on the ice. March is even better!

4. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

Welcome nimrod! It's been a while since I wet a line to ice fish but on those nice bright sunny days, there's something nice about being out on the lake and seeing a flag go up!

5. Well has anybody been out yet? I was going to go with my wife's uncle but I broke my heel bone skiing so that put a damper on things.

6. Here's one I pulled through the ice in a Massachusetts pond last year, I was entered in a derby and took second place with this fish.
    [​IMG]