Anybody shoot?

Discussion in 'Gun Clubs' started by sremington, Mar 1, 2006.

1. We all practice at camp or in the backyard. Anybody go to the shooting range? Any good ones you like to go to?

2. I go to the Blue Hill Rifle and Pistol Club

3. The property we just purchased (127 acres) has a few gravel pits on it. I'll be setting up my own range again this summer. At least this time, no one can build close enough to tell me I can't shoot! Then I can start reloading again.

I use to love having the reload stuff always set up. I could load 3 test rounds, go out back and see how they grouped. Then go back in and fudge a little here or there and get the accuracy right down pat.

4. Canerod

Canerod Guest

I usually shoot at Scarborough F&G, since my father-in-law is the range safety officer there. I normally shoot a couple of military matches a year, and check zero on the cartridge rifles before hunting season. I'll carry a cartridge rifle when guiding, but all of my personal hunting is done with either longbows or traditional muzzleloaders. I haven't shot a "normal" rifle at a deer for 6 years.

5. commercial shooting range

I have 4 acres to play on and I have a gravel pit there to shoot in. I thought about starting a range up here in the County but the insurance was unreal.

6. Axz

Axz

Yeah, you are right man! :(

7. Ithica37
    I belong to the Orrington Rod & Gun Club without the requirement to belong to the NRA. $25.00/person or $40.00'family. It's on the East Bucksport Road.

8. I guess I missed your post a while back hammerless99, I will have to look into a membership there. No NRA requirement would be nice and the price is right too. Thanks.

9. hey A.B. i tried to find a place to shoot up there in the county but i didnt there is a place out by the airport but i didnt like it...so now i am where i am and i can shoot all i want...:wave: by-by county

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007