Are you a Maine Guide??

Discussion in 'Maine Guides' started by sremington, Jan 27, 2006.

1. I thought it might be nice for Maine Guides to have a forum where they can chat and talk about what they do best.

If you are a Maine Guide please contact me and I will assign you a custom title under your username that says:

Maine Guide :wink:

Have fun and don't be afraid to promote your services...

2. Canerod

Canerod Guest

Steve,
    Good idea! I don't think I've seen any other sites with a special forum for guides. Please change mine.

Kevin Little
    Bamboo Rodmaker
    Registered Maine Guide

3. Canerod,

We have been discussing possibly setting up a blog just for Maine Guides to blog at. We aren't sure if it is a good idea or if a forum is more ideal. Any feedback from you Maine Guides on whether a special blog or a forum would work well.

I know that people are always looking to come to Maine to hunt and fish, and are looking for some Guides. If there was a blog for them to go to they could get used to who you were and make comments etc...

Just tossing out some ideas...

4. Canerod

Canerod Guest

Since I'm about as new to bloggin' as you can get, I'll defer to your judgement as to whether or not it'd be worth the time and effort. It's damn nice to see what you did on this forum, and I thank you for doing it. I'd be happy to help if you decide to have a guide's forum or blog, but like the fishing one, you'll have to let me know what to do.

Kevin Little
    Bamboo Rodmaker
    Registered Maine Guide

5. I think you are an excellent blogger.

That sounded a little weird, but I really enjoy reading your stuff at the blog. :wink:

I just think of a blog as more or less a glorified forum. It is just set up differently.

6. Cool, nobody else allowed but guides, huh? <grin>

I am not guiding at the moment, I'm recovering from shoulder surgery. If it weren't for that I'd be out smacking coyotes.

When I'm able to be out there doing stuff, I'll be posting more.

7. Right now anybody can come into the forum and post but if you want I can close it off to just guides. I figured it may benefit others to ask questions if they are looking to come to Maine on a hunt or a fishing trip.

That is why I thought maybe a Blog would be nice where just Maine Guides can post content about their experiences and post pictures and that sort of thing.

Blogs are much easier to find on search engines and Maine Hunting Today has a fairly decent Yahoo and Google standing already. That way those who are looking for Guides and places to go when they come to Maine can actually come to a blog and see where all the Guides are posting about their successes and experiences, view pictures, ask questions, and get to know you all.

It would be a great way to promote your services and it would also be a good resource for those searching for information prior to their trip to Maine...

:wink:

8. Rem, I was kidding!

I think it's a great idea but I don't know if a forum or a blog would be better. Your call, guy!

9. I'm a registered Maine guide

10. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

Welcome!!:welcome: