Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'll be putting up a molassass drip on my property just to see if anything turns up there but I don't expect much to happen. I don't really live in bear country but you just never know.

Funny thing is I used to guide for bear hunting over bait, and never sat over one!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
John Porter said he would take me out. I hope he is still around when it is time to go. :D

John? Helloooooooo? Anybody there?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My perspective bear guide trapped what he said was a 400lb nuissance bear out of Mapleton this spring that I'm pretty sure he gave a ride to down to Patten. Maybe John can put you onto that one Steve!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hey I just got a PM from John. He said the hunt is still on! :wink:

·
Registered
196 Posts
I brought up a truck load of Dunkin Donuts last week, they are hittin the bait sites this week.
My three hour ride turned into five hours, as I was shaking a fat cop at every town line. :lol:

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
I like to call it "designated decoy". :D
Let me know if I can be of service. :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Baiting here in East Livermore... there are bear.. Checked the bait today, nothing yet but the stink bait has brought in crows ans ravens, good sign.. THere is atleast 2 bear here, one big, one medium. Going to try calling one in using a Buck Expert bear call too. mfm

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Cool. Keep us posted MFM

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Anybody see a lot of activity over their bait? It's just around the corner.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Reports are all good.
I personaly went to a few sites to freshen them up, one had so many trails comming in it looked like a wagon wheel. :shock:
I was told that a big bear drug off the barrel from that site, night before last. :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Nice! Can't wait to see your bear this year. What are you using to shoot your bear?

I got a quick question... for a person who is going to shoot a bear for the first time would a .30-30 be alright or should I go with something more powerful?

·
Registered
196 Posts
It all depends on how far away the bear is, and where you put the bullet. Tuck one behind his ear and you should be okay.
I'll be using my 35.

·
Registered
196 Posts
willy tells me my bait site was hit last night, ate everything there.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
mfm, been hit yet?

John, I'll be going out hunting with you I guess then.... :roflmao:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I leave Friday after work to drive up to Aroostook County for the first week of bear season. I'm going to use my muzzleloader to hunt with. I killed my first bear a few years back and I used a 30-30. Good Luck to everyone Hope we all get some nice ones.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Go git them bear Moose! Go git em!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts