Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not alot to the story. We watched this buck from the start of the bear bating season until October 18th, when I harvested it. We really screwed this deer up by using Active Scrape and also Doe in Heat Scent. I could tell you what hour he would be by a certain section of woods due to making him think there was a active doe in the area. Used a Ameristep ground blind and predicted the night I would harvest him. Got to the blind at 4 pm and it was drizzly out but I knew he would be out searching for the doe as earlier in the day I refreshed the scent pads. 5:45 pm he came through and I did a perfect double lung shot on him at 38 yards. Recovery was around 25 yards from where he was standing. The particular area has 4 more decent bucks there as we have seen 2-8 pointers, a 6 and a 12 with double drop tines. The 12 will be mine next year if he survives the winter up here. Deer was harvested in Crystal, Maine.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Handsome deer there Porter! Congratulations!
Now what did you say the GPS coordinates on that area were?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.