Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Glad to see they finally recieved the go-ahead! Now if I can update my resume' and get it in the right hands I may put the guiding on the part-time side!

I really wish it were going in at the 295/495 interchange in West Gardiner!
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Excuse me............Cabela's is going to put us on the map!!!! You gotta be a flatlander!!!

Maine has a heck of alot more to offer than "Cabela's"........
............. and if you don't know that you gotta be "from away" !!!!!

Would explain some of those conflicting "I'm a guide .....who's not guiding .......but I'm baiting and I don't have a clue what I'm doing posts."

You wouldn't happen to be from Lincoln would you?

·
Registered
165 Posts
AB this state is in a deep rut, look at the guiding situation here these days, all the guys I know are struggling to make ends meet. Selling off their outfits because they are'nt getting enough business to make it pay. The economy is shot, and people are hurting. You should know that from where you live, Aroostook is barely hanging on. I know plenty that live there, have family there, guided there for some time, and have heard the stories from many.
I was born here, raised here, and run a business here, so dont tell me Im a flatlander. I am a guide, do pt work like I said, have a small customer base, and do it as a hobby, like most, probably even you, oh I forgot you are'nt one, just aspiring. Dont know how to bait and kill bear, Ive guided more kills than live one's you will see in a lifetime, well in your case maybe two. Use to be nearly FT, couldnt make it pay, so I gave it up as I said, how conflicting is that. Go piss on someone elses shoes!!
Like I told you before, never back the dog into a corner, yes he bites!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Ithica,A simple, could you clean the english up your confusing me, would probably work right? I did'nt realize I was annoying anyone, certainly was'nt meant that way. Some people have too much penned up anger and need to realese it, so they pick an easy target and try to get others to make them feel like they have the right to act that way, if your trying to help fuel the fire, be carefull you dont get pulled in.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thats what I meant by putting us on the map, good tourist attraction that draws in thousands, should generate alot of sales. Ive never been in one, but I have heard the live mounts alone will keep you wandering around.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It sure will give KTP a run for their money. LL Yuppie sold out to the anti-everythings for financial reasons a while back. Only hunting business they seem to focus on now is elite yuppie "hunters". It is a darn shame they have departed from their true roots. Cabelas will put Maine straight again. I for one, will be at the Grand Opening with a big smile on my face. I will also have just come from my local gun shop after buying a gun there, cause even though this sporting goods behemoth will be here, we must support our local FFL's and gunsmiths.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I use a local buddy who owns a mom & pop store that doubles as a gun shop, his prices are great, and I can usually get a 3 day delivery on any gun on the market. He also is a superb gun smith.

I am going to make the opening at Cabelas as well, should be a great experience.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I noticed in the new LL Bean hunting catalog that they are doing a new hunting/fishing dept BACK in the main store and it is huge and everything. Huh, must be freaking out with Cabelas coming and back tracking to their heritedge... Cabelas will be way closer to me than KTP and LL, so unless I have some reason to go to Kittery or Freeport, I will likely use Cabelas exclusively when it opens. I can't WAIT!!! We should have a rendesvous of MHFs people at the opening!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.