Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
K6, the only real and very efective way to reduce the coyote population at the time the deer need it most[winter] is a snaring program and we all know where that one went. snaring in and around a deer yard is a very effective tool to coyote predation on deer. i heard a story of a person or persons snaring 50 + coyotes at one deer yard . coyotes know where the food is and seem to tell all there friends that an easy meal can be had at a deer yard. trappers are the coyotes worst enemy if they are given the right tools to work with . in my opinion the tool that is most efective is the cable snare. strings

·
Registered
161 Posts
K6,yu bring up a good point , anyone who is a true outdoorsman embraces all the sports. would'nt it be great if everyone could get together and sacrifice a little, and fight on behalf of all sportsman. banning together is what will keep our heritage of outdoor activies available for our children and grand children. i realilize that everyone has their own agenda but we all should appreicate it for what its worth , a fellow sportsmans ideas. please no one , take offense to this , but there is no one person who can fight the antis on there own and no matter what their cause we all need to either back them or be silent as to not bring friction within our ranks. all that said i am up for a good debate anyday LOL. strings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.