Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over to Dick's Sporting Goods here in Bangor and they have a good deal on some ammo. They have 50% off a box of Winchesters .30-30 and .30-06. I think they have some others that are 50%...

But here is the rub... it is a mail in rebate. I picked up a box of 30-30s last night and found out it was mail in when I went to pay for it. Thought I would let you all know - so check it out in your area. Sale lasts until Friday.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Do not buy from Dick's sporting goods. I bought a bunch of this discoutned ammo, but did not recieve the correct rebate. When I asked for the rigth one, they said they couldn't find it. Yeah right, it doesn't exist and the deal is a scam. They suck and owe me $15. That is the last time I buy from them.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Winchesters I was able to get the right rebate but the woman who handed it to me had to search around for 5 minutes, make a few calls and we came up with the right ones.

As far as the Remington rebates I will take your word for it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Did you look closely at teh rebate? At first they handed me one, but it was for shotgun ammo, not rifle. Check yours closely.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Ithaca, I did check out the rebate closely and I don't see much in there but shotgun ammo. I am getting fired up now. I am sorry I posted this, but then again now people are aware it must be a scam or Dicks doesn't have knowledgeable employees. One or the other..

·
Registered
489 Posts
Well, nobody knew they were scamming people. However, if you go to the winchester or remington sites you can find, under promotions in the menu, a link to the rebate form. There is actually a deal going on, but don't got o dick's to get your ammo, you can get it anywhere and send in the rebate. Also there is a maximum limit of $5 each box for up to two boxes per name and address, so keep that in mind. In bangor, you can get express core-lokt and/or winchester powerpoint for under $12 at walmart, they want 13.98 at dick's, nomatter where you buy it it is $5 back per box for up to 2 boxes. So you could get a total of 4 boxes if you bought 2 of each brand.

http://www.remington.com/library/promotions/2006_open_season_on_savings.asp

http://www.winchester.com/marketing/promotions/promotionsview.aspx?promotionid=17

So to summarize, THERE IS A DEAL ON AMMO, BUT DO NOT BUY @ DICK'S THEY SUCK. OH, AND A TWO BOX MAX FOR EACH BRAND.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Great help there Ithaca. This is very useful and valuable information for anyone needing ammo. It is this kind of help that makes this forum a valuable resource for hunters and shooters.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Does anyone know of any other good deals on ammo being offered rigth now? I am always looking to get my hands on more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts