Maine Hunting Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steven and I have dedicated over 3 years of our lives and a lot of money in this endeavor. Before we began, we traveled far and wide in an attempt to learn the BEST way to provide a place where hunters can go and swap war stories and meet new friends. We think we came up with a damned good forum at Maine Hunting Today.

To Explain: Nowhere can you find a forum that provides a place to buy, sell, trade and advertise for free. Very few forums allow you to include a link in your signature back to your website, EVEN IF YOU ARE THE COMPETITION!. We understand this Internet business pretty well. We also have enough confidence that we view nobody as our COMPETITION, only our friends of mutual interest.

About the only thing we expect at the forums is that you do not spam in the middle of a thread because that by us is perceived as a good reason to ban someone after a warning.

This brings me to one other thing that Steven and I will not tolerate under any circumstances. Insults and name calling. I will tell you up front and Steven knows this. I HATE FORUMS! The reason being I hate fighting. I love good debate but I hate fighting.

One of the reasons we do not include a "political" or "religious" forum is because all that is ever done is name calling, insulting and fighting and I have no interest in playing referee.

With that said, Steven and I welcome passionate debate on issues. We both expend a lot of time and money to be something different than anyone else. But if you want a quick trip into the ban box, just start throwing out insults. WE WILL NOT TOLERATE IT!

This is a great site and it is our intent to keep it that way. It isn't easy but with your help, it will remain the best damned hunting forums around.

Thank you!

Reactions: ShadowFoxME

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well said. I am a little more accepting of forums. I do like the nature of them and their potential. I do NOT like when it leads to fighting, lieing, and down right name calling.

As for being a different place we understand there are tons of forums out there you can go and chat on. What we strive to do here is keep things a little more mature and quality based and less "chatty" and "gossipy" (if that is even a word).

We feel that if you want to go ride somebody else for the lack of size of their bear they shot last year do it some place else. This place is to discuss REAL issues.

We are part of a larger network that reaches out to all of North America. We find a lot of out of staters come here to look for information. So let's welcome them and help them out. Feel free to join the other state forums we have and share some good quality discussion with them.

If you don't like quality then go somewhere else.

Lastly, from now on we will be enforcing the laws around here a little bit more. This means we will start handing out warnings for insults. After one warning and it continues we will start with a 2 week vacation where you will not be allowed to post.

An insult is as minor as telling somebody else they don't know what they are talking about. Some may not think it is but please put yourself in the shoes of somebody reading that about themselves.

We don't have time to babysit. I already have 5 kids at home so I don't need any more brats to look after. Let's step it up a notch and post as if we are adults. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.