Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of MaineHuntingForums.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.mainehuntingforums.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

F/S BOREALIS 1050 lumens rechargeable flashlight

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by black bear 84, Sep 22, 2005.

1. I have for sale one of the black rechargeable customs BOREALIS 1050 umens flashlights.

This is a rechargeable light outputting 951 lumens yes that is right almost TWICE the lumens output of the Surefire M-6 (Surefire M-6: 500 lumens, 20 minutes run using six dispossable batteries, $393.00)

The special AA Nimhs high current batteries in the MAG 951 can be recharged 1,000 times for a 500 hours of free LUMENS before you need to buy another pack of nine special batteries for $24.00

A Surefire M-6 will have spend more than $5,000.00 in 123's batteries before ever reach 500 hours.

The BOREALIS is based on the Maglite 3 D flashlight, so if ever gets damaged a new "host" cost less than $20.00 and is available in Home Depot, Wal Mart or almost anywhere else.
    You just transfer the special parts to the new "host".

Here is the BOREALIS next to a Surefire M-6 and a Maglite 2 "D".

[​IMG]

Beamshot with the regular Maglite 3 "D" (39 lumens)

[​IMG]
    Beamshot with the Surefire M-6 (500 lumens)

[​IMG]

Beamshot with the BOREALIS 1050 lumens

[​IMG]

Price: $200 shipped Priority mail Insured
    Payment thru Pay Pal or by Postal Money Order
    Please contact me at

jcharles11784(at)yahoo(dot)com

I check my E-mails every day, in the other hand I have limited time in the computer and can not check P. M.'s often.

Thank you for looking
    regards
    black bear 84

HI GUYS,

YES, it have been a name change, my light is called now the BOREALIS.

MAG Instruments (the owners of Maglite) has asked me to remove the name MAG from my light add
    It seems that it is a registered trademark.

I am compliying with their request and calling my light BOREALIS.

Thank you
    black bear

2. See the shootout with the Surrefire M-6 on the shooting forum of Maine Hunting Forum, here is the link

http://mainehuntingforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=376&sid=061829f87050352a40e97e8453cdb143

The MAG 951 can run for 500 hours before needing another pack of $24.00 batteries.

The Surefore M-6 will have spend $ 14.940.00 in batteries in that time.

(at $9.96 every 20 minutes or $29.88 per hour. it is $29.88 X 500 hours=$14.940.00)

black bear 84

3. Hi Guys,
    This is considered THE MOST POWERFUL FLASHLIGHT IN THE WORLD, it will output 951 lumens for 45 minutes run time before another charge is needed.

If the light gets heavily damaged, another "host" is available anywhere for less than $20.00 (as it is a Maglite 3D) you just exchange the special parts to the new "host"

The light have a modified switch for high temperature, heavy walled aluminum reflector, Pyrex lens, 3 battery carriers that take 3 batteries each, and nine of the special Nimhs batteries that are high current and high capacity.
    It also comes with a spare super bulb.

The special switch on right:

[​IMG]

My light is superior because it is a 12 volt system

[​IMG]
    I compare this light with the most powerful that you can get over the counter, and that is the Surefire M-6 a Military Polica light that cost $400.00
    That M-6 outputs 500 lumens runs for only 20 minutes and uses six of the 123's batteries.

Here is a shoot-out
    Beams coming from 43 yards away, camera at 15 yards

Surefire M-6 (500 lumens)

[​IMG]

MAG 951 (951 lumens)

[​IMG]

My MAG 951 II is $200.00 shipped.

You can E-mail me at
    for more information.
    Payment is thru Pay Pal, Money Order or Personal check.

Thank you for looking
    Best regards
    Black Bear

4. The inquiry I get most often about my MEGA lights, such as the MAG 951, is how much more powerful they are compared to the regular police or military flashlight.

The Magcharger and the Stinger have been for many years the standard from which all the others lights are judged.
    The Magcharger has been upgraded in the last few years from 30,000 candlepower to 40,000, and the Stinger has come out with the Ultra Stinger, that has upgraded the candlepower of the Stinger from 40,000 to 75,000.

Last year I bought one of the Magchargers, and just now I bought one of the Ultra Stingers of 75,000 candlepower, to test them again my rechargeable MAG 951 II.

And to represent the military high end flashlight, I included the Surefire M-6 with the 500 lumens lamp. Of course, this light is the darling of Special Forces and many SWAT teams; it uses six 123’s batteries for a 20 minutes run time.

The target is the tool shed with the beam shots coming from 43 yards away, while my camera is placed at 15 yards from the target.

Here are the lights, from left to right: Surefire M-6, Ultra Stinger, Magcharger and my red MAG 951 II (this time in the inexpensive version with the three plastic battery carriers ($200) for 951 lumens)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/blackbear11784/Ultraandothers.jpg

Magcharger, 40,000 candlepowers, 200 lumens

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/blackbear11784/Magcharger200lumens.jpg

Ultra Stinger, 75,000 candlepowers, 290 lumens

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/blackbear11784/UltraStinger.jpg

Surefire M-6 (500 lumens) this light uses six 123's batteries for a 20 minutes run time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/blackbear11784/eme-6500lumens.jpg

MAG 951 II (951 lumens, rechargeable, 45 minutes run time)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/blackbear11784/951lumens.jpg

As you can see my MAG 951 II produced almost double the lumens output of the Surefire M-6, and will run for more that twice as much run time.
    And as the light is rechargeable it is FREE to run, while the M-6 will cost $12.00 in batteries to run for 20 minutes.

please E-mail me at:

Thanks for looking
    Best wishes
    black bear

5. For $6.99 right now at VIP (discount auto parts) you can buy a 1 million candle power cordless spotlight that lasts nearly an hour on a charge. Who uses a flashlight more than that?

They're perfect for jackin' them early season deeyah!

6. WOW, thank you Capt., you should tell the SWAT and Special Forces teams that are using Surefire M-6's (500 lumens six dispossable batteries for a 20 minutes run time, $400.00) and Surefire Beast (2,000 lumens 20 disposables batteries, $4,000)

That will be nice to arm all of them with the $6.95 Fisher-Price, spotlights.

black bear

7. I wasn't aware that S.W.A.T. & special forces shopped on this little ol' huntin' website!
    $400. for a flashlight? $4000. for a flashlight? Someone sure knows how to waste my tax dollars!
    Most of us here would have a hard time justifying that kind of money for a GUN, let alone a flashlight!

The last one of these "fisher price" spotlights I bought lasted more then 5 years.

Good luck with sales!

8. Hi again,
    Now you can see all the lights that I modify with my own two hands in a new web-site.

www.blackbearflashlights.com

INCLUDING THE MIGTHY BOREALIS.
    BEWARE OF FAKES, ONE OR TWO INDIVIDUALS ARE OFFERING FAKES BOREALIS, ALL MY CUSTOMERS ARE REGISTERED WITH ME, CONTACT ME TO SEE IF WHAT THEY OFFER IS A GENUINE BOREALIS MADE WITH MY OWN HANDS.

AFTER 22 MONTHS OF PROVIDING SERVICE SOMEBODY IS TRYING TO RIDE IN MY REPUTACION ON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND INCREDIBLE OUTPUT FOR THE LIGHT, SELLING AN INFERIOR PRODUCT.

BEST REGARDS TO ALL
    BLACK BEAR

9. I have received some P.M’s and E-mails asking about the performance of some of my others lights in comparison with what is already available in the street.

The POLAR BEAR, particularly figured in several of the inquires, and more than a couple of people wanted to know how it compares with the Ultra Stinger.
    Also the newer BEAR CUB was mentioned several times.

So having decided to do a shoot out, I recharged my Ultra Stinger and set up to do the testing.

Here are the lights
    Left to right, the Bear Cub the Polar Bear and the Ultra Stinger

[​IMG]

It was drizzling at 6 p.m. when I went to the back yard, it causes the beam of the lights to reflect in the droplets of water and outline the beam in a way I have never taken pictures before.

The target was 30 yards away, and is a tool shed 12x8 feet.

I set the tripod and holding the lights alongside and at the height of my head initiated the shoot-out.
    (The beams seem to come from much higher, that is why I mention the fact)

The Ultra Stinger, 75,000 candlepower, 295 lumens (claimed)

[​IMG]

The Polar Bear, 426 lumens run time 75 minutes

[​IMG]

The Bear Cub, 220 lumens for 90 minutes

[​IMG]

Of course all my others lights, live on the shadow of the BOREALIS, at the last minute, I decided to bring it up into the shoot-out, so people can see what this light is all about.
    Of course the lens of the camera don’t open as much as the human eye, and consequently it sees less. What I am seeing with my eyes is more illumination with any of the lights, than the camera capture, but it is good for comparison between the lights.

And yes here is the beamshot with the BOREALIS 1050 lumens light.

[​IMG]

Kind regards and Happy Holidays to all members
    Black bear

10. BOREALIS TORTURE TEST

People ask me all the time how tough the BOREALIS is, I just uploaded a new video in the web site.

Click here

http://www.blackbearflashlights.com/support.htm

and then click on the window that is marked BOREALIS TORTURE TEST

You will see how we broke branches, hit water jugs, throw the light use it as a hammer and finally shot it with a .22 rifle, and the light keep going.

Thanks
    black bear 84