Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale one of the black rechargeable customs BOREALIS 1050 umens flashlights.

This is a rechargeable light outputting 951 lumens yes that is right almost TWICE the lumens output of the Surefire M-6 (Surefire M-6: 500 lumens, 20 minutes run using six dispossable batteries, $393.00)

The special AA Nimhs high current batteries in the MAG 951 can be recharged 1,000 times for a 500 hours of free LUMENS before you need to buy another pack of nine special batteries for $24.00

A Surefire M-6 will have spend more than $5,000.00 in 123's batteries before ever reach 500 hours.

The BOREALIS is based on the Maglite 3 D flashlight, so if ever gets damaged a new "host" cost less than $20.00 and is available in Home Depot, Wal Mart or almost anywhere else.
You just transfer the special parts to the new "host".

Here is the BOREALIS next to a Surefire M-6 and a Maglite 2 "D".

Beamshot with the regular Maglite 3 "D" (39 lumens)

Beamshot with the Surefire M-6 (500 lumens)

Beamshot with the BOREALIS 1050 lumens

Price: $200 shipped Priority mail Insured
Payment thru Pay Pal or by Postal Money Order
Please contact me at

jcharles11784(at)yahoo(dot)com

I check my E-mails every day, in the other hand I have limited time in the computer and can not check P. M.'s often.

Thank you for looking
regards
black bear 84

HI GUYS,

YES, it have been a name change, my light is called now the BOREALIS.

MAG Instruments (the owners of Maglite) has asked me to remove the name MAG from my light add
It seems that it is a registered trademark.

I am compliying with their request and calling my light BOREALIS.

Thank you
black bear

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
See the shootout with the Surrefire M-6 on the shooting forum of Maine Hunting Forum, here is the link

http://mainehuntingforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=376&sid=061829f87050352a40e97e8453cdb143

The MAG 951 can run for 500 hours before needing another pack of $24.00 batteries.

The Surefore M-6 will have spend $ 14.940.00 in batteries in that time.

(at $9.96 every 20 minutes or $29.88 per hour. it is $29.88 X 500 hours=$14.940.00)

black bear 84

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Guys,
This is considered THE MOST POWERFUL FLASHLIGHT IN THE WORLD, it will output 951 lumens for 45 minutes run time before another charge is needed.

If the light gets heavily damaged, another "host" is available anywhere for less than $20.00 (as it is a Maglite 3D) you just exchange the special parts to the new "host"

The light have a modified switch for high temperature, heavy walled aluminum reflector, Pyrex lens, 3 battery carriers that take 3 batteries each, and nine of the special Nimhs batteries that are high current and high capacity.
It also comes with a spare super bulb.

The special switch on right:

My light is superior because it is a 12 volt system

I compare this light with the most powerful that you can get over the counter, and that is the Surefire M-6 a Military Polica light that cost $400.00
That M-6 outputs 500 lumens runs for only 20 minutes and uses six of the 123's batteries.

Here is a shoot-out
Beams coming from 43 yards away, camera at 15 yards

Surefire M-6 (500 lumens)

MAG 951 (951 lumens)

My MAG 951 II is $200.00 shipped.

You can E-mail me at
for more information.
Payment is thru Pay Pal, Money Order or Personal check.

Thank you for looking
Best regards
Black Bear

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The inquiry I get most often about my MEGA lights, such as the MAG 951, is how much more powerful they are compared to the regular police or military flashlight.

The Magcharger and the Stinger have been for many years the standard from which all the others lights are judged.
The Magcharger has been upgraded in the last few years from 30,000 candlepower to 40,000, and the Stinger has come out with the Ultra Stinger, that has upgraded the candlepower of the Stinger from 40,000 to 75,000.

Last year I bought one of the Magchargers, and just now I bought one of the Ultra Stingers of 75,000 candlepower, to test them again my rechargeable MAG 951 II.

And to represent the military high end flashlight, I included the Surefire M-6 with the 500 lumens lamp. Of course, this light is the darling of Special Forces and many SWAT teams; it uses six 123’s batteries for a 20 minutes run time.

The target is the tool shed with the beam shots coming from 43 yards away, while my camera is placed at 15 yards from the target.

Here are the lights, from left to right: Surefire M-6, Ultra Stinger, Magcharger and my red MAG 951 II (this time in the inexpensive version with the three plastic battery carriers ($200) for 951 lumens)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/blackbear11784/Ultraandothers.jpg

Magcharger, 40,000 candlepowers, 200 lumens

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/blackbear11784/Magcharger200lumens.jpg

Ultra Stinger, 75,000 candlepowers, 290 lumens

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/blackbear11784/UltraStinger.jpg

Surefire M-6 (500 lumens) this light uses six 123's batteries for a 20 minutes run time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/blackbear11784/eme-6500lumens.jpg

MAG 951 II (951 lumens, rechargeable, 45 minutes run time)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/blackbear11784/951lumens.jpg

As you can see my MAG 951 II produced almost double the lumens output of the Surefire M-6, and will run for more that twice as much run time.
And as the light is rechargeable it is FREE to run, while the M-6 will cost $12.00 in batteries to run for 20 minutes.

please E-mail me at:

Thanks for looking
Best wishes
black bear

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
For $6.99 right now at VIP (discount auto parts) you can buy a 1 million candle power cordless spotlight that lasts nearly an hour on a charge. Who uses a flashlight more than that?

They're perfect for jackin' them early season deeyah!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW, thank you Capt., you should tell the SWAT and Special Forces teams that are using Surefire M-6's (500 lumens six dispossable batteries for a 20 minutes run time, $400.00) and Surefire Beast (2,000 lumens 20 disposables batteries, $4,000)

That will be nice to arm all of them with the $6.95 Fisher-Price, spotlights.

black bear

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I wasn't aware that S.W.A.T. & special forces shopped on this little ol' huntin' website!
$400. for a flashlight? $4000. for a flashlight? Someone sure knows how to waste my tax dollars!
Most of us here would have a hard time justifying that kind of money for a GUN, let alone a flashlight!

The last one of these "fisher price" spotlights I bought lasted more then 5 years.

Good luck with sales!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi again,
Now you can see all the lights that I modify with my own two hands in a new web-site.

www.blackbearflashlights.com

INCLUDING THE MIGTHY BOREALIS.
BEWARE OF FAKES, ONE OR TWO INDIVIDUALS ARE OFFERING FAKES BOREALIS, ALL MY CUSTOMERS ARE REGISTERED WITH ME, CONTACT ME TO SEE IF WHAT THEY OFFER IS A GENUINE BOREALIS MADE WITH MY OWN HANDS.

AFTER 22 MONTHS OF PROVIDING SERVICE SOMEBODY IS TRYING TO RIDE IN MY REPUTACION ON CUSTOMER SERVICE AND INCREDIBLE OUTPUT FOR THE LIGHT, SELLING AN INFERIOR PRODUCT.

BEST REGARDS TO ALL
BLACK BEAR

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have received some P.M’s and E-mails asking about the performance of some of my others lights in comparison with what is already available in the street.

The POLAR BEAR, particularly figured in several of the inquires, and more than a couple of people wanted to know how it compares with the Ultra Stinger.
Also the newer BEAR CUB was mentioned several times.

So having decided to do a shoot out, I recharged my Ultra Stinger and set up to do the testing.

Here are the lights
Left to right, the Bear Cub the Polar Bear and the Ultra Stinger

It was drizzling at 6 p.m. when I went to the back yard, it causes the beam of the lights to reflect in the droplets of water and outline the beam in a way I have never taken pictures before.

The target was 30 yards away, and is a tool shed 12x8 feet.

I set the tripod and holding the lights alongside and at the height of my head initiated the shoot-out.
(The beams seem to come from much higher, that is why I mention the fact)

The Ultra Stinger, 75,000 candlepower, 295 lumens (claimed)

The Polar Bear, 426 lumens run time 75 minutes

The Bear Cub, 220 lumens for 90 minutes

Of course all my others lights, live on the shadow of the BOREALIS, at the last minute, I decided to bring it up into the shoot-out, so people can see what this light is all about.
Of course the lens of the camera don’t open as much as the human eye, and consequently it sees less. What I am seeing with my eyes is more illumination with any of the lights, than the camera capture, but it is good for comparison between the lights.

And yes here is the beamshot with the BOREALIS 1050 lumens light.

Kind regards and Happy Holidays to all members
Black bear

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BOREALIS TORTURE TEST

People ask me all the time how tough the BOREALIS is, I just uploaded a new video in the web site.

Click here

http://www.blackbearflashlights.com/support.htm

and then click on the window that is marked BOREALIS TORTURE TEST

You will see how we broke branches, hit water jugs, throw the light use it as a hammer and finally shot it with a .22 rifle, and the light keep going.

Thanks
black bear 84

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
THE BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT WILL RUN FOR 50 MINUTES, AND WILL RECHARGE IN ONE AND A HALF HOUR.

THE OUTPUT OF LIGHT IS 1050 LUMENS, TWICE MORE THAN THE MOST POPULAR MEGA LIGHT USED BY SPECIAL FORCES.

THE RECHARGEABLES BATTERIES WILL LAST FOR 833 HOURS OF USE, BEFORE ANOTHER $30.00 PACK IS NEEDED.

TO THOSE THAT HAVE P.M. AND E-MAIL ME ABOUT THE CRENELLATED BEZELS, I HAVE MADE ANOTHER BUNCH AND THEY ARE BACK IN STOCK IN THE WEBSITE

www.BlackBearFlashlights.com

THEY ARE BLACK HARD ANODIZED TYPE III OR BARE ALUMINUM (TO MATCH SILVER LIGHTS) WITH GLOW DOTS.

OR E-MAIL ME AT:

KIND REGARDS TO ALL
BLACK BEAR

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THE POLAR BEAR RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT

LITHIUM ION TECHNOLOGY
RUN TIME 75 MINUTES AND OUTPUT 426 LUMENS

I WILL INSTALL YOUR CHOICE OF FOUR REFLECTORS
(Smooth, Orange Peel, Light Stippled or Medium Stippled)

$250 WITH CHARGERS INCLUDED

CAN BE HAD WITH THE OPTIONAL CRENELATED BEZEL

AND IT RECHARGES WITH THE NEW CHARGERS IN 3 1/2 HOURS.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE POLAR BEAR, PLEASE VISIT THE WEB SITE.

RESPECTFULLY
BLACK BEAR

Black Bear Flashlights is not affiliated with Mag Instrument, Inc., which owns the famous MAG family of trademarks, including MAG-LITE®, and MINI-MAGLITE®,

trademarks in the distinctive shape, style and overall appearance of its flashlights, and in the circumferential inscriptions around the face caps of all of Mag

Instruments Inc.'s flashlights. Mag Instruments, Inc's trademarks are shown on this website for illustration only. Black Bear Flashlights are not made, licensed,

endorsed, approved or recommended by Mag Instrument, Inc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BOREALIS 1050 LUMENS RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT

BY

Thank you for your interest in the BOREALIS flashlight, this is truly a revolutionary flashlight as it outputs 1050 lumens (the output of a truck high beam headlight or a two million candlepower spotlight) and with a run time of 50 minutes and all in the format of a 3 D light (12 ½ inches long 28 oz.)
The light is available as the BOREALIS model three with the Rolls Royce battery carrier in Black, Silver and Blue and cost $260.

THE HOST ADVANTAGE
Even that I cannot mention the name of the host for the BOREALIS everybody knows what this famous 3 D light is.
When introduced in the 80’s the host light was state of the art with innovation such as the self cleaning switch and others. The light cost in the 1980’s was $60.00 that it now cost around $20 is a miracle of modern production techniques, moreover the parts tolerances have been tightened and the light is anodized inside and out, threads are without play and the quality of this host is just amazing.
Which bring us to the advantage of using it for our BOREALIS light, and is that if the owner ever get bored with the color or need a new body, it will be available anywhere for less than $20 and that just 10 minutes of the owner’s time will change the special BOREALIS parts to the new host.

THE SPECIAL BOREALIS PARTS
The ROLLS ROYCE battery carrier is an amazing well constructed and engineered piece or art machinery, made of Delryn battery holders and aluminum positive and negative with steel main post it clamps the nine high current high capacity Nimhs cells without the need for springs that can fail, this carrier have an integral charging port in the negative end and all that is needed is a compatible charger. (I offer our own RC FAST charger if you don’t have one).

THE THICK WALLED SOLID ALUMINUM PARABOLIC REFLECTOR

It is another extraordinary piece of high quality machining and finished to perfection, it was designed to provide an excellent to outstanding beam (depending on finish and we offer four different coatings to custom the beam to the job).
SMOOTH, ORANGE PEEL, LIGHT STIPPLED OR MEDIUM STIPPLED
From maximum throw to an outstanding flood light we have the beam to cover your particular situation.

THE PYREX LENS
Thick and heat resistant to temperatures never achieved before, it is crystal clear and fairly unbreakable, the best that can be obtained.

THE SWITCH
Part of the switch is the self cleaning from the original host and the other part is our solution to the heat issues, with a base of solid aluminum, steel pillars that support a base of ceramic for the bi-pin super-bulb.
We have tested this switch to 75 watts without even getting closer to the ends of what it can take, (our Borealis’ super bulb is 35 watts)
The time expended in making this a very special switch with polished insides and Pro-Gold protection and enhancement for the best possible electricity transmission, have rewarded us with a switch with minimal internal resistance, thus delivering maximum voltage to the bulb and making it incredible bright, one of the reason why our BOREALIS have such a “crazy white” light without hint of yellow color in the beam.

THE BATTERIES
Are the best high current high capacity Nimhs obtainable, (Currently the Powerex 2700 mah) they are famous for having less than half the self discharge of other famous Nimhs in the market.
Moreover, we give them two forming charges in the slow 12 hours charger, and match them for capacity in the La Crosse analyzer, thus giving them the ability to attain maximum capacity from the start and the ability to finish the charge exactly all together (white bright light for the entire run time).
The batteries and what we do to them is another important equation in our trademark of the “crazy white light”.

The recharging capability of the batteries will last for 1,000 times (according to the factory) that is 833 hours of run time before another pack of $30 is needed.
Just think about it, the next powerful light in the market is the Surefire M-6, using 6 disposables 123’s batteries for 20 minutes run time ($36 per hour).
Before the M-6 can run for 833 hours it will have spend $29,988 in batteries ($36 times 833).

THE BULB
It is not a flashlight bulb at all, but one used on medical instruments, it works with a voltage of 12 volts and its life is of 35 hours plus (same as Surefire lamps).
When it needs replacement the bi pin system is simplicity in itself, pull old one and push in the new one.
The BOREALIS include a spare bulb in the tail cap and extras are only $10.00 each.

THE OPTIONAL RC FAST CHARGER ($48)
If you don’t have a RC charger for 12 volts, I offer my RC FAST charger, that uses pulse and reverse pulse charging technology (it will not overheat your batteries) and has two charging settings, .9 amp for 3 hours or 1.9 amp for 1 ½ hours charging.

PRO-GOLD ENHANCEMENT
Every contact part of the flashlight is treated with PRO-GOLD solution, after cleaning it with DeOxit from Caig’s Laboratories.
This Pro-Gold is a contact enhancer and protector of surfaces that had proven to be without equal for the aid of electricity transmission.
It is playing a good part in our management of the internal resistance of the BOREALIS, together with a lot of attention to detail to make it a more efficient light and the best of what we can possibly do.

PLEASE VISIT OUR WEB SITE FOR MORE INFORMATION

Or e-mail me at:

BLACK BEAR

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WATERPROOF
Hi guys,
Any one of my lights is fairly waterproof. I haven’t had the opportunity to try them in the ocean, but I have dunked them in my beer glass for several hours and they have survived very dry inside.

Here is a picture that shows a Black Bear 720 lumens in the water, picture was taken at 11,30 p.m., when it was also raining, the flashlight survived been dunked an sloshed around to force water inside while I was doing my barbecue.

By the way, I had promised my wife to cut back to a glass of beer a day, so in order to drink my fill I had to get creative, how you guys like my three and a half gallons glass of beer?

I am not claiming that they are dive lights, but I am sure they will survive being used to a few feet under water, when I have some opportunity I will do a more elaborate test, in the meanwhile I go and drink my beer.
Cheers,
Black Bear

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
COMPARISON WITH A MAGLITE 3 D
The question have come out so many times in P.M’s and e-mails that I decided to post it here the comparison between the Borealis 1050 lumens and the Maglite 3D.

The beam shots are coming from 26 yards, new fresh batteries in the Maglite (39 lumens).

Maglite 3 D

Borealis 1050 lumens rechargeable.

Cheers.
Black bear

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NEW BEAMSHOTS
Hi guys,
Again we are going to feature the BOREALIS 1050 lumens in competition with others powerful police lights.
I used a big section of the fence and a range of 35 yards
As a starter we have the Maglite 3 D (39 lumens)

And a Magcharger 200 lumens (40,000 candlepower)

And the Streamlight Ultra Stinger 295 lumens 75,000 candlepower

The Surefire M-6 Guardian, 500 lumens

And the BOREALIS 1050 lumens

These are the contenders, from left to right, Maglite 3 D, Magcharger, Ultra Stinger, Surefire M-6 and the rechargeable BOREALIS 1050 lumens.

These are the battery sticks and carriers, from left the 5 volts battery stick of the Magcharger, the 6 volts Ni Cad battery Stick of the Ultra Stinger, the plastic battery carrier of the Surefire M-6 with the six 123’s batteries, and the Rolls Royce battery carrier of the Borealis, made out of aluminum and Delryn for the 9 batteries NIMH (12 volts system).

The BOREALIS Rolls Royce is available in black, silver and blue. It will run for 50 minutes and will recharge in 90 minutes.
For more information please visit my web site at
Or e-mail me at

Thank you for looking
Kind regards
Black Bear

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Black Bear Flashlights is not affiliated with Mag Instrument, Inc., which owns the famous MAG family of trademarks, including MAG-LITE®, and MINI-MAGLITE®,
trademarks in the distinctive shape, style and overall appearance of its flashlights, and in the circumferential inscriptions around the face caps of all of Mag
Instruments Inc.'s flashlights. Mag Instruments, Inc's trademarks are shown on this website for illustration only. Black Bear Flashlights are not made, licensed,
endorsed, approved or recommended by Mag Instrument, Inc.
[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/FONT]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
THE BLACK BEAR 720 RECHARGEABLE

I ALSO MAKE THE SHORTER (10 INCHES LONG) BLACK BEAR 720 LUMENS RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT.

$298 INCLUDING CHARGER

MAGLITE 2 d KRYPTON BULB

Maglite 2 D new LED 3 watt

BLACK BEAR RECHARGEABLE 720 LUMENS

PLEASE VISIT MY WEB SITE
www.BlackBearFlashlights.com[/font]
or e-mail me at:

Thanks for looking
Black Bear

Black Bear Flashlights is not affiliated with Mag Instrument, Inc., which owns the famous MAG family of trademarks, including MAG-LITE®, and MINI-MAGLITE®, [/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']trademarks in the distinctive shape, style and overall appearance of its flashlights, and in the circumferential inscriptions around the face caps of all of Mag [/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Instruments Inc.'s flashlights. Mag Instruments, Inc's trademarks are shown on this website for illustration only. Black Bear Flashlights are not made, licensed, [/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']endorsed, approved or recommended by Mag Instrument, Inc.[/font]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts