Favorite Hunting Pack Item

Discussion in 'Maine Hunting' started by sremington, Feb 21, 2006.

1. OK I was wondering what you may like to put in your pack. We all have our favorite items and I was curious as to what you like to carry with you. Of course we all carry rope, a compass, etc... But is there something that you like to carry with you that isn't necessarily a must for everybody but a must for just YOU??

I would have to say I need at least one Slim Jim in my pack...

2. Other than the essentials if I don't plan on at least going back to the truck for lunch I carry a small can of B&M baked beans with me.

3. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

Anyone who would carry B&M Baked beans has got to be a frickin Mainah!!

4. I don't even bother with a pack! I just stuff sh*t in pockets all over. Usually have the compass slung around my neck, very small folding knife in belt sheath but that is alwys there, 30' of 1/8" nylon, but I almost always have some cheese and saltines and just maybe on a good day, some smoked oysters!

5. smoked oysters? Nice! :wink:

6. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

This past fall I bought a new hunting vest from cabela's. That thing has pockets in places I didn't think you could put a pocket.

One of the reasons I bought it was so I could get rid of my fanny back that was killing my bad back. This thing worked out awesome. I should have invested the money in one long before this.

7. Okay guys....I have a McGiver vest as well and leave the pack at home. I also pack a small recorder.......lets me create an audio journal of things I see and what I need to remember for the next hunt in there. I use a clip on mike from radio shack since the recorder is voice activated. Lets me savor the experience and retain the details to be prepared.

8. Hey now that is one I haven't heard. I like that idea. I'm the type of person who would go back to listen later that evening and find I had sung Sweet Home Alabama or something and never remember doing it.

Plus I hate the sound of my own voice.. :lol:

9. Comes in handy when a buddy tells you a whale story and then later feeling foolish tries to deny it.........hold on ...here's that tape and hear is what you had to say about your mother-in law too.