Fly fishing Nesournehunk

Discussion in 'Welcome Mat and Lounge' started by kenton6, Feb 4, 2006.

1. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

For years several years ago, I used to join a party of about 8 guys and travel to "The Hunk" in late May or early June for a long weekend of fishing. What a great time we used to have.

We fished the big and little lakes and many of the streams nearby. Two of the guys in our party have since passed on and I nor our party together haven't been back for many years.

I need to get up there again, soon. Great fishing!

2. Canerod

Canerod Guest

Give me a yell when you're going, if ya want some new company. I haven't fished there yet, too busy with the Dead, Roach, EO, Moose, and Rangely. On the map, it looks like a nice area.

3. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

Will do. I'll have to see if I can fit it in this spring.

4. I'm sorry to say that this past year was the first year in 5 that I haven't fished the "hunk". What a great place! I usually don't go until July or August. The fishing isn't great during the day but at first light and just before dark those light mayflies work great! Some guys catch them during the day with nymphs and I've tried, but I usually catch a nap and tell lies during the middle part of the day.

5. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

nymphs are big at the "hunk". I've got a great story about that too but no time today.
    I gotta get back there. You know the banner that we have at Maine Fishing Today is actually a shot taken there. What a gorgeous picture. I have several of them that my good friend and photographer Milt Inman took.