Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you remember the Hiram Maxim Machinegun Festival. They stopped running it several years ago. :(
I only had the pleasure to go once, it was a blast. Unfortunately, there were fears about liability with the number of patrons, and they discontinued it. It was the most fun I had blowing a hundred bucks in under an hour. Any of you ever been to it or a similar event? If not, you don't know what you are missing.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
No, never been. Actually never heard of it either.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately you will never be able to go because they closed it down. man was it fun, you could rent nearly every type of full-auto, including the big 50s. it was awsome, the ground would shake with all of the shooting going on.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
A shooter's ultimate fantasy come true?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definately, there are several others across the country, but none real close to maine now that it is gone. Everybody should shoot a full-auto at some point in their life, or at the very least, a semi-auto replica. Thankfully I got to go before they shut down, otherwise I probably never would have had the opportunity.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It was held in Dover Foxcroft I believe. I almost went one year a ways back, but didn't for some reason. Maxim was born in either Guilford or Sangerville. DL

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is too bad that you did not go, they have stopped running it, I was lucky to have gone, because I went on the last year they ran it. :( :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts