Hiram Maxim Machinegun Festival

Discussion in 'Shooting' started by Ithaca37, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Do any of you remember the Hiram Maxim Machinegun Festival. They stopped running it several years ago. :(
    I only had the pleasure to go once, it was a blast. Unfortunately, there were fears about liability with the number of patrons, and they discontinued it. It was the most fun I had blowing a hundred bucks in under an hour. Any of you ever been to it or a similar event? If not, you don't know what you are missing.

2. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

No, never been. Actually never heard of it either.

3. Unfortunately you will never be able to go because they closed it down. man was it fun, you could rent nearly every type of full-auto, including the big 50s. it was awsome, the ground would shake with all of the shooting going on.

4. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

A shooter's ultimate fantasy come true?

5. Definately, there are several others across the country, but none real close to maine now that it is gone. Everybody should shoot a full-auto at some point in their life, or at the very least, a semi-auto replica. Thankfully I got to go before they shut down, otherwise I probably never would have had the opportunity.

6. DLuke

DLuke

It was held in Dover Foxcroft I believe. I almost went one year a ways back, but didn't for some reason. Maxim was born in either Guilford or Sangerville. DL

7. It is too bad that you did not go, they have stopped running it, I was lucky to have gone, because I went on the last year they ran it. :( :(