Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Big Buck,
To answer your question, I would pass on a smaller buck early in the season in hopes of getting onto a bigger buck. Come the last week of the season I'm shooting the first legal deer I see. Just so happened that this year I saw my first buck on the last day of deer season. It was a 132lb spike with 12 inch spikes. About the size of two PA deer. Unlike down your way you can spend a lot of time in the North woods without seeing a deer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Bigbuck,
You may want to head more towards Jackman if your looking for tracking snow. Especially since most likely you'll be planning your trip well ahead of time. I hunt around the Houlton area and the past few years we've had very little snow during deer season. At least snow that stays for more than a day or two. The last week is usually good for some snow, but its hard to plan on having snow to hunt on. Its sure a treat when the white stuff starts falling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.