Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." — The Dalai Lama, (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times) speaking at the "Educating Heart Summit" in Portland, Oregon, when asked by a girl how to react when a shooter takes aim at a classmate.

Too bad he wasn't at VT and packing. Oh wait, that would be dangerous if we allowed guns to be carried on campus someone might get shot.
[/FONT]

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
The Dalai Lama huh? Amazing!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Too bad he wasn't at VT and packing. Oh wait, that would be dangerous if we allowed guns to be carried on campus someone might get shot.
[/FONT]
Yeah wouldn't want that to happen.. sheesh... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is more to the quote, in which he says that you should not aim for the head, but rather the leg or some other "non-vital" spot (good luck with that), but it is thought that counts.

Here is the link to the story that has the quote.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Ed Zachery! Jack

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ed Zachery????

Don't worry Jack I am well aware of the fact that a "non-lethal" shot spells doom for you. I just thought that the essence of the quote was interesting. Even the Dalai Lama admits that the violence can be an appropriate response when violence is being done to you (or others).

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Ed Zachery! EX ACTLY > EGGZ ZACTLY > EGGS ZACKERY > ED ZACHERY

If you still don't get it, ask Steve to tell you the joke sometime.

·
Registered
527 Posts
non leathal shots will cost you more in court then a leathal one will. If you dont kill the SOB that is trying to hurt someone else or your self you will probably end up paying all his medical bills for as long as he lives. Airlines have known this for years thats why they want you to put your head down in a crash its meant to break your neck and kill you its cheaper in the long run for them!!!FACT!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well, the simple fact that a dead criminal can't testify against you in court backs the first part up! You get into court and it is his word against yours. You would think the word of the law abiding citizen would win out every time, but unfortunately, all too often the dumbass criminal's word is taken for some reason.

As to the airline thing, that is kinda twisted. It sort of makes sense, but I just can't imagine a US company would take that stance, whether in secret or not. I am sure really horrible things have been discussed behind closed doors at executive meetings all over the world, but I would like to think people have a bit more common sense and compassion.

Any real data would be good here. Oh, I just ordered Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupid Stuff from John Stossle. He was on WLOB this morning and it sounds like a VERY interesting book about a lot of the perpetuating myths today, like global warming, gun control, etc. I will do a full report when I get it...

·
Registered
244 Posts
I just ordered Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupid Stuff from John Stossle. He was on WLOB this morning and it sounds like a VERY interesting book about a lot of the perpetuating myths today, like global warming, gun control, etc. I will do a full report when I get it...

I'll be looking forward to your report.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Please post the source of this "data".......just want to know if I'll be needing my waders today.

Ya ok high boots maby,not waiders just seems that our society has changed over the last 20 years with all the lawsuits that it made sense in my own little head. Quoting that as fact was wrong but at the same time I wouldnt doubt it!!!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Well I Guess Ill Just Stay The Heck Out Of Places Like V.t. Columbine , And Our Local Mall......ill Be Out In The Woods M.f.'s Shoot At Me Ill Cut Ya In Half With A 12 Guage Does That Make Me Bad ? Shoot Em' In The Leg Yeah Ok Little Girl You Got A Lot To Learn......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts