landowner whats the limit

Discussion in 'Maine Hunting' started by Kevin Jandreau, Oct 25, 2016.

1. How does one use the Landowner Law of hunting/fishing on our own Agricultural land? are we only able to hunt and fish during the state hunting/fishing times? I was told as a landowner I can harvest 2 deer a year to feed my family what about moose? can I also trap beaver/or other animals?

2. Kevin, I see no one has posted a reply to your question from October. I can at least tell you that hunting moose is by lottery only. Now if your crops are being damaged by deer, you may be able to obtain a special permit from the IFW to cull out some of the deer doing damage. The best way to know for sure is to contact IFW in Augusta and your local game warden for the answers to all of your questions. And read your law book cover to cover. I hope this helps.

3. You have to have a certain amount of land to hunt on it without a license and you're still subject to all the rules and seasons everyone else is. You own the land, not the wild animals that are on it. If they are damaging your crops, that's a different matter and you should get a hold of a warden