Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished writing an article this morning about how the media sways its readers by twisting, distorting and inaccurately handing out information and then I stumbled onto this piece of confusing writing by Ken Allen, outdoor writer for the Morning Sentinel. (When you get to the page, scroll down a bit to find this [...]

Read More at the Black Bear Blog...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well, Ken was my high school english teacher and was the main reason I started bowhunting at age 15. He always had statistics for every scenerio but I often was able to prove them wrong. His problem is that he is influenced by others and does not have any common scense. He often states a fact and a month later he is writing something different because his buddy Harry Vanderwide said it.

I know ole Kenny boy pretty well, lets just say as an english teacher he was doing good, but when he quit to write for the sentinel and the Maine Sportsman, he showed his true colors and lost my respect.

The man is all smoke and mirrors, he often says things that make sportsman look bad.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Dont Say To Much Some Moron Will Vote Him Into Office That Aint A Maine Hunter/fisherman.....said It Before Somewhere !

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah well you cant stop that, the damage is done every time he puts a pen to paper. The problem that "some" hunters are facing is that they all love to talk up their own prefrences but dont support things they dont care for. To keep our rights, we have to support all outdoors activities and strenghten our stronghold. If Ken stumbles all over himself, all we can do is point out his weaknesses and let the people decide who he is and where he stands. I have seen it done before and he usualy comes back and says something even dumber.

During the bear referendum, there was a guide who joined forces to ban trapping, and he provided footage that we all saw on TV. I would guess that he was upset because he couldnt make it as a guide so he went for the throat of the people that he belived caused it. I dont know if you realize how the guide industry works, but it is a very tough business to make work and guys like Ken who also tried it and failed, take revenge without thinking first of what the cost will be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts