Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This week the Maine Safety Committee will be addressing several bills. Two in particular are absurd and need our attention. Call a representative and let them know how you feel.

LD778 will eliminate all previous exemptions for who is NOT required to take a safety class in order to obtain a concealed weapon permit. It also will require all new applicants to pay more fees, take more classes, even submitting to classes to help us better understand "the moral and ethical issues facing gun ownership". :puke:

The second is LD1111. This is the result of kids in a middle school in the Portland area, while under the brainwashing direction of anti-gun groups, came up with a bill to require trigger locks on ALL guns.

I have more information here. You can read the entire text and get contact information.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In case you get to this thread before you see my other post in the "Announcement" forums, I have created a copy and paste email address CSV for the Joint Standing Committee of the Inland Fisheries and Wildlife.

Here's the link to that list.

So now, anytime you want to contact the committee, just go there, copy the list and paste it into your emailing address window.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good job! Thank, you!

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There was debate about this bill because it was essentially devised by a bunch of middle school kids in Portland, or course spurred on by a bunch of antis including Strimling.

Do be honest I didn't listen to the debate so I don't know what happened. Anybody got an update on this?

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
who voted these morons into office ? this is not going to be a good day for me ! last night i watched (the patriot with mel gibson ) what went wrong with this country....aint there any PATRIOT'S left writting will get you NOWHERE.... JUST LIKE VOTING ....some piece of crap dont listen to the fact's before marking down a vote.....for instance : put a pair of daisy dukes on hillary up the wazzzzoo clinton and every moron will be drooling to get to the voting pole to vote here in office WAKE THE HELL UP AMERICA.............:frusty: before its over run by IDIOT'S IN OFFICE

·
Registered
244 Posts
SG... I think it's morons voting morons into office.

Why are people so willing to give away the rights so many Americans died for?

Shame shame on everyone who does.....

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Yeah Swnoel. I Agree With That ! I Dont Give Up On None Of My Right's....just Like It Say's On My Left Arm ( The Second Amendment It Aint About Duck Hunting ) I Live By It And Ill Die By It.........

·
Registered
5 Posts
response

My representative responded to my e-mail today. This is what she said.."I will be watching for these bills to appear in the House and suspect that they will go down in smoke, so to speak." Sounds like some relief, even if only temporary. Does anyone have any information about what happened or is going to happen with these ludicrous bills?

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mint - I haven't been able to keep up with them but if I get some time this weekend, I'll do a little research to find out. If anyone else has the info are the knowledge to go research and would like to, I'd appreciate it.:thumb:

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ok, quickly here's what I know according to the Maine gov site.

LD778 is still in committee - nothing yet.

LD111 says this about it, if there are any lawyers among us.
03/08/2007 - Taken from the table by the President ProTem REFERENCE to the Committee on CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND PUBLIC SAFETY Ordered sent down forthwith for concurrence
Seems as though I might have jumped the gun here. After this action by the Senate, this action by the House.
03/13/2007 - Bill REFERRED to the Committee on CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND PUBLIC SAFETY.
In concurrence. ORDERED SENT FORTHWITH.
So it sounds like it too is in the committee.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Can't these idiots just write: We're working on it and it should be voted on by so and so on such and such date.??? Damnit man, dispense with the gobble-dee-**** text that says to me: We're trying to do stuff so you don't know what we are doing so you won't do anything about it.

Oh, and Ethan Strimmling is an ASS!!!!!

heehee...

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Agreed!!......

·
Registered
5 Posts
The vocabulary and word usage the state government uses only makes it more difficult for the average citizen to understand what the hell is going on. Not only that, but when and why something is going on, such as a bill. If I didn't belong to this forum, I wouldn't have even known they were voting on such bills as this. It's scary because it almost gives them a way to pass absurd laws without you knowing it!

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know mintmainer, that is exactly what they are hoping for. Maine isn't unlike a lot of other states but they sure have their share of those trying to slip a fast past voters.

Unfortunately they are successful too often.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts