Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Although it may make sense for most non-residents who do not have the time to scout or are farmiliar with the area they wish to hunt to hire a guide I do not think thatI would support that idea. Just think there are probabaly many non-residents who own camps and have hunted certain areas for many years, all of a sudden they would have to hire a guide to continue to do what they have been doing for years. At the end of the day to me it should be some ones personal choice as to wether to hire a guide. Good thought provoking post.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Although it may make sense for most non-residents who do not have the time to scout or are farmiliar with the area they wish to hunt to hire a guide I do not think thatI would support that idea. Just think there are probabaly many non-residents who own camps and have hunted certain areas for many years, all of a sudden they would have to hire a guide to continue to do what they have been doing for years. At the end of the day to me it should be some ones personal choice as to wether to hire a guide. Good thought provoking post.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The interesting part of this post is that many Canadian provinces have some sort of requirment that non-residents are required to hire a guide. I deer hunted Nova Scotia for many years and had to have family members sign "guide" papers prior to me being able to hunt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.