Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Would you guys support the proposed "bucks by permit" system if in it was a requirement that all non-resident hunters had to have a Maine Guide? Roughly 10% of permits to go to non-residents......
Why make non residents use a guide???

I can't imagine any business that relys on nonresidents agreeing to this type of proposal.

It's the kiss of death for them, I would avoid any state or county with those restrictions.

What proposed buck permit system are you refering to?

I would suggest that State should consider issuing more than 10% of any permits to non residents... unless the extra revenue brought in by non residents isn't needed or wanted.

Boy you Maine Guides and business people are rich after all. LOL

·
Registered
244 Posts
The interesting part of this post is that many Canadian provinces have some sort of requirment that non-residents are required to hire a guide. I deer hunted Nova Scotia for many years and had to have family members sign "guide" papers prior to me being able to hunt.
Are you talking about non residents aliens or non residents of the province but Canadian citizens.

I guess that's a good way to get their citizens off government subsidies, I understand it's pretty widespread up there.

I know a few guys that hunted NB and were fuming because their guide was a drunk,,, drinking is what he did the whole time they were there, course that doesn't mean they're all like that.

I hope that forcing non residents to hire guides doesn't happen in Maine... I think it could backfire and devastate seasonal economies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.