Maine Hunting Forums banner

monster Maine sheds

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  aroostookbasser 
#1 ·
Well I was kicking back a few cold one with some friends last night and in strolls another friend with these in hand. The story is that he went to see a buddy that lives near a corn field outside of town. Buddy was not home and as he turned around he saw these in the field 15 feet from each other. I scored them giving the deer a 18 inch spread and got 178. That is a mega buck. The sheds will make MASTC.

Best part is I just got premission to bow hunt the corn field 2 weeks ago.

See less See more
#2 ·
Remember the Ford truck commercial with the guys who pull up in front of the restaurant and there's a statue of Paul Bunyon out front? When they come out the truck is gone and so is Paul Bunyon.

During the commerical, one guy is seen stuffing his face with food and looks out to see the truck and says, "Geez! That's a big truck!"

Well, Geez! That's a big rack. Now Chris exactly where was that cornfield again??

#7 ·
Well, I need to come clean. I think the true score of the sheds is probably closer to 165-168, I had to go back and re-add up the scores. I should have a true/ offiacal score soon.

Keith- good to see you here, this is an awsome site. Well, I am always game for trying a little predator hunting, never had a lot of luck, but might as well try. I am thinking about a return to Troys for a feb hog hunt, I am just so boared. Heard Vergil finally broke the curse and got a deer. Tell him congrats from me and dylan.

#8 ·
Cobbett - Are using the same kind of measuring device they use up at Sunday River to measure snow depth?

#9 ·
String, tape, pizza box and a 6 pack. Same as always. I took the measurments and someone else wrote them down and added them up. She came up with 178. A guy on another site did not think it made sense. I went back and agreed. I added up the numbers from memeroy and came up with about 165-168. That should be close. I want someone offical to do ot to see how close I really am, but I can seem to get a hold of the guy to get the sheds back.

#10 ·
Kiss them goodbye:dance:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.