moose permit swap?

Discussion in 'Maine Moose Hunting' started by les413, Jun 20, 2005.

1. les413

les413

pulled a permit for zone 4....oct 10 start. bull tag...would like to swap with someone in zone 1...either week bull only as my outfitter is in that zone

2. Moose

Moose

Sportsmen Alliance of Maine, SAM has a data base with the info if you want to find someone to trade with.

http://www.samcef.org/

Good Luck

3. les413

les413

swap

thanks, already did that and made the swap....

4. I didn't have any luck swapping mine. I wanted a Zone 2 then if not Zone 1. I am not too picky on whether I get a bull or cow, I suppose that this hunt is more about the experience, memories and the adventure of it all. It will be great either way- There are some huge bulls up in Zone 1 let me tell you!! My fiancee and I had one charge into the side of us one day whie bird hunting (it was in hot pursuit of a cow during the rut). I think the SUV got hurt more than the moose, what a nice moose though! There are a few outiftters up that way that could get you a moose within a day or two, then there are some that are fairly new and just have no idea- but, it takes experience.. Which outfitters are you going with if you don't mind me asking? Moosetowner