Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
last weekend we came onto this calf. In the trail there were several beds covered with blood from the ticks filling up at her expense. You can see the ticks clustered around her back side. Doubt this one will make it much longer. The ticks sucking her blood along with winter stress Is probably more than she can handle.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
DANG! That's disgusting. Thanks for sharing that. I've never seen anything like that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
When I was hunting moose horns real hard I saw this quite often. A few so weak they couldn't get up. You'd see where they shook and blood was scattered everywhere.
I mentioned once about finding moose dead, full of ticks and coyotes all around, but the moose not touched. A warden Paul Farrington mentioned that coyotes wouldn't even touch them because of all the ticks.
A calf was found near my house several yerars ago. June, all dehydrated and not eaten. Loaded with ticks, been dead for a month no doubt.
Here a dead one we found several years ago. loaded with ticks, and the only thing bothered was the tip of his horns.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Yuk That Was Bad.....id Drop E'r Too ! No Question There

1 - 5 of 5 Posts