Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bunch of people are claiming to have spotted a mountain lion in a field outside of Rutland, VT. They say one guy took pictures.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
pics pics we need pics...

This isn't the first and I am sure it won't be the last time kenton6 spreads rumors all across New England.... :lol:

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you were running around in Taxachussets no telling what you might get.
Actually, I have a confession to make. I have already written a story about the dang mountain lion and it will post itself at the Black Bear Blog in the morning. I kinda got ahead of myself, so you'll have to wait till tomorrow for the details.

I'm off on a photo shooting safari into the wilds of central Florida long before the sun comes up.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
155 Posts
hancock, maine. i was walking up my drive way(1/4 mile) and heard a twig snap. i looked over and this huge cat is staring back at me, a second later, he took off. he was about the size of my lab, tan fur with a long bushy tail with black rings

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Bet that took you by surprise. The hair on the back of my neck probably would have stood up if it were me.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll take on the approach of the fish and wildlife people.

"There are no cougars in Maine. What you saw was probably your neighbors tabby cat. When you are scared, even a house cat can grow to enormous sizes."

Sorry! I just had to do that.

I think it's kinda like seeing a UFO!

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Which locker has the most in it? Elvis?

I saw him at a rest stop in western North Carolina one day while visiting the Smokies - Honest! It really was him!

I hope though that this guy that witnesses say was taking pictures, got some good ones. We need something more to write about.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can't say who but I have personaly seen a home video of some bear hunters I know well and have hunted with right here in Maine that saw a mountain lion cross the road ahead of them while bear hunting with hounds.They turned their dogs loose on the track and treed a nice large male mountain lion.See the film myself and know for a fact they treed it in Maine as it took place in a area I know real well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Two of my neighbors swear they saw a mountain lion on separate occasions two summers ago. There are several people who saw what they are sure are tracks in the mud on the road to our camp a few years ago. I don't doubt them.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.