New adult hunter

Discussion in 'Maine Deer Hunting' started by ColdHardSteele, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Hey y’all. I’m a 21 year old who never learned to hunt as a boy! I have taken my hunters saftey course and am looking for someone to show me the ropes. I grew up playing in the woods as a child, so I’m familiar with some of the basics (walking quietly, sense of direction, etc) but am completely new to hunting anything larger than squirrel. Could any of y’all take on an eager apprentice? Or know someone who could?

2. i live in Westbrook, but am willing to travel an hour or so, perhaps longer for an overnight

3. I'm in Gardiner about 50-60 minutes from you. Perhaps we can agree on a day for you to visit so we can get to know each other. During my time in Va. I traveled about 50 minutes to hunt with a friend on his land. I don't drive much any longer and have mostly confined my hunting to the mornings into the early afternoons. I hunt with flintlock muzzleloaders through all seasons but do not mind you using modern guns. My email is [[email protected]]. This would be the best way for us to communicate. Sounds interesting!

ColdHardSteele likes this.
  4. I also am new to hunting. 28 years old from Georgia, live in Scarborough, never learned to hunt. I am going to take my safety course this spring. I can handle a firearm, I just do not know where to go and do not have any real experience.

Hanshi likes this.
  5. Andrew, I'm originally from Georgia. I really miss the great deer hunting and seasons in my home state. Things are now kind of messed up for us all; but it can't be like this forever.