Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Nice rack on that one! Congrats. Oh BTW did you read where newbies must bring the venison to the annual MHF cookout?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
People call it luck I call it a well placed shot.

He ran across the field at full speed and stopped at the edge in some tall grass. All I could see was his neck and head. I put the cross hairs on his neck and pulled the trigger. after the shot I couldn't see or hear anything. I thought I missed him. 30 minutes later I went looking. There he was lying in the tall grass. The bullet went through his ear. If you look at the first picture you can see that his left antler is cracked at the base. the bullet went through his right ear. There was no entrance wound or exit wound. I'm still baffled. That shot was about 160 yds with a .270 and 150gr. bullet. Everyone calls it the luckiest shot the've seen, I call it a very well placed shot that didn't ruin an ounce of meat. LOL :D

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
errr....uhhh....I think Jack's in charge of that! :camp5::boink:

Just to clarify, that was a joke. Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a question, does anyone know just by looking at the photo of my deer what it would score(roughly). I know officially it wouldn't count because the antler was broken, but I was thinking 120-130 any thoughts?

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
I saw one once that looked similar that pushed 140 but that's just a guess.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.