Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am not going to tell the whole story. That is for dad to do. But for my part, we had a really fun weekend in NH chasing turkeys. The two kids were having fun going from set up to set up. Birds were all around them and I saw lots of shaking. I know the hearts were pumping.

First thing saturday morning tyler (age 7) was on the gun. And boy did he make the most of it. Long story (nate needs to write, make sure he tells you about sighting in) short Tyler got a 22lb tom at about 7 yards. The cool part is it was with a muzzle loader shotgun.

By 8 am we were up on another hill top with a tom closing in on Dylan. The bird did something we so did not see coming. He circled down hill by Dylan and I and came out on top of Nate and Tyler (they were filming). Then the Tom went by Dave Ames our caller. then out for another lap and off to parts unknown. The bird went everywhere but in front of the barrel.

Sunday was much of the same near success and then something would go wrong. But the kids stayed positive and did not want to give up when the bell rang for noon.

We will be back there next weekend for sure.

Here are some photos of Tyler's monster tom.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Fantastic!!!!! Congrats Tyler!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is some video from the hunt. Dad tells me he is loggin on tonight.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV1j8Evgogk [/youtube]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Guys Sorry I havent been on but I have been out straight. This hunt was awesome and I am very proud of our little guys. They look forward to hunting together each and everytime we take them in the field.
Tyler's hunt was something else I was shaking like a leaf hoping he would get a good shot . I know my son when he pull's the hammer back look out he is shooting ! The tom was so close I thought he would heard our hearts pounding . Tyler sat up on his chair and the next thing I knew BANG and the smoke filled the air! I am telling you that MDM muzzle loader is an outstanding gun for youths just ask Tyler . Second year with his smoke pole . He wants to try his bow next year I cant wait !
7 years old just having fun thats what it's all about . Many thanks goes out to Dave Ames he enjoys hunting with the kids .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts