Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read this over in Nutria News...... how can abortion (genocide)be the hottest topic in Supreme Court circles and The 2nd amendment unheard in over 70 years?
Quote:

"With this latest ruling, and pending appeal, if the ruling of the three judge panel is overturned by the full court, it is very likely that the U.S. Supreme Court will hear the case. If the Supremes do decide to hear it, it would be the first Second Amendment case they have heard in almost 70 years."

Did you know handguns are illegal in Washington D.C.???

How is this possible?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I know it is crazy. Hopefully the decision to prevent them from continuing this outrageous injustice is upheld, but I owuldn't hold my breath.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Don't get too excited about the prospects of the U.S Supreme Court making a ruling on the Second Amendment. It is my understanding that any ruling, which of course would follow the path of appeal in the D.C. ruling, will have to do with interpretation of the SA. In other words, does the SA say it is guaranteed for individuals or for militias.

Most feel the ruling will be for individuals BUT, and this is the big but. It will also by NOT staking claims to anything else be saying that gun control is constitutional. Nothing in this ruling deals with gun control laws only banning of them as an individual.

It's crazy but that's how the law works sometimes. This could actually work against the gun rights advocates unless by some miracle, the USSC were to say that gun control laws were also unconstitutional and their history there has always been to leave it up to the states.

·
Registered
489 Posts
It is interesting to note that some of the very first gun control laws in the US were laws that prevented African Americans from possessing firearms.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Racism....need i say more.

But back to guns..... define militia as Citizen soldiers...inlieu of a standing Army. IE......the populace!!!!! We are the militia that protects the constitution and "the Republic for which it stands"....... the populace is the militia...without regard to race, creed, color, or religion united under one flag and sworn to protect it from all invaders foreign and "domestic".

No people can ever be free if they give up the ability and the right to over throw their appessors...... foreign or "domestic".

·
Registered
489 Posts
My point in the previous post was that the origins of gun control in the US was oppression.

Anyways, the founding fathers took care of any debate over the meaning of the second amendment:

“What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty…. Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins.” (Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, spoken during floor debate over the Second Amendment [ I Annals of Congress at 750 {August 17, 1789}])

“Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people” (Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788 )

“I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for few public officials.” (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426)

“The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” — (Thomas Jefferson)

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts