Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
I've read often that PETA and other animal shelters/rights groups do this but it is nice to have heard about it under oath in a courtroom.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have been to that site. The thing that scares me the most is the curriculum PETA and the Humane Society accosts our kids with when they are very young in school. Our little girl will be going to school this fall, and you better believe I am going to find out exactly what the curriculum is and make sure they are not going to fill her full of garbage about "Mommy Kills Animals" "Daddy Kills Animals". They do some horrible mean backhanded shit that none of us law abiding citizens would do.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Like a guidance counsler trying to convert a 14 year old girl to lesbianism? Or trying to teach 10 year olds killing animals to eat and wear is wrong?

My girls let the teachers have it right in the classroom! What is funny is that half the boy students backed her up because they hunt too!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Lets see,

Kill it and Grill it not acceptable
Uthanize it and Cremate it acceptable

Makes you want to squash them like a bug!............. No offence to the bug!

·
Registered
131 Posts
ccobbett, look around online and you can see the ACTUAL comic books titled Daddy Kills Animals, etc!!! They are actual publications by PETA! Scary as hell. Hopefully by the time my girl goes, she will give it right to 'em and will have some friends to back her too. We live in rural Maine though, so I have not found out about any curriculum YET. I suspect it is mostly in the more urbanesque areas where the sissy liberal tree hugging frog f%$#ers are.

·
Registered
558 Posts
To be honest, I have found the school here very supportive of my son hunting and fishing. He shares his travels and soe of the stuff we do with classmates and during times when the kids tell stories. We have had long talks about the fact that he need to also be repectful of people that choose not to hunt and fish and that its best to choose our words carefully when talking about a harvest. There is nothing wrong with what we do but there is no reason to rub others face in it.

When we went there for parent teacher conferances, the teacher shared a book (very short, lots of cool drawings). It was tiltled "Dad and me" (mom was very jelous). It was about him and I going out and spending time in a deer stand and the things we saw. Just about ripped my freakin heart out.

If you have a kids, boy or girl, get them in the outdoors, it just one more connection you can make with your kids. Everyday I see the result of kids that were not treated well by parents.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Cobbett is pulling out the inspirational stuff. :gitrdone:

Damn right. Get them kids out there. I got to get my kids out. They are prime right now. I already know they like venison. They devoured the stuff.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Today On The News The Human Society Is Killing Innocent Kittens Because They Cant Feed Them Them Sick Bastards.....killing Is Killing Weather It Be With A Gun Or A Friggen Needle Dont These Morons Know That....h.s.u.s. Just Anouther Name For Animal Killers.....now Were On The Same Page Not ! I Dont Cage My Prey For Months Before I Kill It....im Done Before I Say Something That Would Get Me Kicked Off Here......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts