Maine Hunting Forums banner

Would you use our photo hosting if we offered it?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would if I had a camera

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a lot of people asking how to upload pictures. Unfortunately we don't offer that at the moment but if we did would you use it if it were free?

This would just be a place to upload photos easily from your computer so you can share them with people. Then you would link to the pictures..

·
Registered
196 Posts
I would use it.
I do have some saved at photobucket, but it's good to have a back-up.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I was going to vote for #3 but I didn't think Tom would buy me a new camera!

Heck yeah I'd use it... I have a bunch of lieing to do......heh heh

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Hey Jack,

Just keep watching the mail for that new $1000 digital camera I sent you. You should be getting it any day now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Thanks Tom! heh heh...

Someone did have a real nice proffessional video cameras for sale on predatormaster.com for around $3K each. I would love to own one of those babies!

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
I just bought a Panasonic digital cam corder and photo taker combined. I've been playing around with it but not as much as I would like to - time you know.
We, MHT, bought it with the idea that we will begin podcasting. I'm set up now so I can actually broadcast live here at home anytime I want. Problem with that is not many people are set up for streaming video.

But, I can put together video segments etc.

I have plans to do some interviews and air them. What do you think? Will anyone be interested?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aired on TV... hmm

Who is gonna pay for it..? :wink:

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
We are hoping somewhere along the way here, we can start getting picked up on some news stories, interviews, radio talk shows, etc.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Keep your ears open for pontential candidates... 8)

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I can always put in a plug for you with the outdoor columnist Bill Graves. He just took me up on an offer to speak to my CSF chapter during our annual Wild Game Supper. He's a Countyboy too!! Couldn't hurt to have him plugging MHT as a cool hunting site to check out. Plus plug the forums as topical posting areas.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
The only way these Internet businesses will ever make it, is by networking and working together with everyone that has any connection at all to what we do.
There is a lot of educating of people about the Internet. Those who look at running a business online and trying to do it exclusively, isolated from the rest out of fear of competition, will die a sudden death.
Plugs are good. I'll take plugs anyday from anyone and vice versa.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Sounds simplistic........but do you ever advertise in regular publications that most hunters buy on a regular basis. Northwoods Sporting Journal ...Maine Sportsman.........Bangor Daily..Portland Press Herald.......Regional internet directories..........The Coffee News? ( Free at every Burgerking and restaurant in Maine)

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
No! but not from a lack of wanting. We have a very limited budget at this point and we are budgeting our money into other necessary things now. We have discussed at length about much of this and are formulating a plan and waiting for capital.
All great ideas though. I am always open to suggestions.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We haven't yet but have been discussing certain marketing strategies and avenues. We have been patient and are learning to do this right. As an online business we are actually spring chickens and have just begun. I see an exciting future.

Where kenton6 lives most of the year in Florida and I in Maine we tend to do a lot of talking on the phone and Instant Messaging. That is our biggest downfall as we can't sit down together and draw up a marketing plan as easily.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Try using "Netmeeting"........it lets you have a realtime meeting from anywhere to anywhere. It's a MS product.....it works using a microphone and a headset with your computer.......cheaper than long distance...just need internet access.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Good idea. I have seen that before.

Back to Photo Hosting. What do you think about us putting up a photo gallery where people can register and login and then upload pics straight from their computer??

I could have that up and running as early as this weekend.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I could also put in Field Journals for all registered forum members. You would be able to post pics and tell stories. Everybody would have their own field journal to post in and people can view them.

Is this something you guys want as well? One or the other or both??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts