Preferred weapon of choice

Discussion in 'Maine Deer Hunting' started by kenton6, Oct 24, 2003.

1. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

Is? Rifle? If so what brand and caliber. Bow? What kind and what kind of arrow do you prefer and under what conditions.
    Muzzleloader? Brand? Caliber? What kind of powder do you use?
    Camera? No wait maybe wrong forum!

2. My preferred deer hunting weapon is my .30-06 FN. It is topped with a Leupol VariX II 3-9x scope. I shoot Remington 180 gr. core-loks through it and they do the job quite well.

For ML hunting I have a CVA Staghorn. It is cheap but does the job. So far I have killed a nice 8 pointer with it. I use 90 grains of Pyrodex and shoot Buffalo Bullets.

3. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

Weapon

I use a Remington Woodsmaster .308 with a Redfield 3x9. I don't do any muzzleloading in Maine because I am not there long enough.

4. oneshot

oneshot

my favorite gun was always my 6mm Remington but I traded that to get my son his youth .223 W/3x9 bushnell and I hate to admit it... but I also love this little gun,its great in a blind or a tree stand because of its short length and less movment to get it to your shoulder,and not to mention its accuracy for those pin point shots if needed :D
    My favorite bow is my Martin Jaguar I use a 26" 2213.

5. SJ

SJ

Bow, myMathews.

6. DOESENT GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT !!!! THE OL'' .308

7. AND HOW DOES THAT .223 WORK FOR YA ON DEER ? I LIKE EM''' JUST WONDERIND !!!!!!

8. Bow- Bowtech allegiance. Gun-Browning a-bolt 300 wsm with a leupold 3-9, 150 grain winchester ballasitc silvertips.

9. Browning Bar .280, Rem 165 gr. It's quite effective! Muzzleloader, Omega 50 cal. Have tore em up in Kansas with that thing.

10. Shooting a Hoyt Trykon for a bow and I'm partial to Remington and Winchester bolts for rifles.