Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a Bow saftey course that I could take thats not on the list in the maine website? I would pay for extra I just didnt know if it was allowed or what?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
There is nothing currently listed at our Maine site but you should contact Canerod at http://highcountryguideservice.com/ . I am sure he would provide a private class for you at a reasonable price. I have talked and met with Canerod on several occasions and he would be my first recommendation.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
I'm not the authority but I would presume that as long as you have an instructor who is certified by the state of Maine as a archery safety instructor it should be allowed.

Whether you can find a willing and able instructor at this stage remains to be seen but some of most of the Maine guides on this site should be able to direct you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oops that Gojoe was me btw I forgot i was on his account.

The reason I want a private course is because a course I signed up for in wisscasset was cancelled and I let most of the other classes go by to get to one that was close to me:mad:
Now there are only 3 left and they are all very far from me and I cant be away that long.

G

·
Alphoblaze,
I sent you an e-mail in reply. The gist of it is I don't teach the state-mandated Bowhunter Safety Course. I guide bowhunters and do teach a 2-day Basics of Bowhunting course, but it doesn't take the place of the state course. They're focused on safety, and my course is designed to help you be successful bowhunting.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your quick response. I guess Ill miss another year of the bow;)

I wouldnt mind gettin in your course but Im afraid thats probably too far from me as well. Im in sagadahoc county.

Oh well I still got my ak:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts