Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a new movement taking place in Maine. Maybe some of you have heard of it, maybe not. It's called RESTORE-SAM. The website is http://www.restore-sam.com

I have written 2 articles about it at the Black Bear Blog.

Group Seeking to RESTORE-SAM (Sportsman's Alliance of Maine)

and

RESTORE-SAM off to a Poor Start.

There are some people in Maine disgruntled with the direction that the Sportsman's Alliance of Maine has gone of late and would like for the organization to get back to advocating sporting interests for all and getting away from too much special interest stuff.

To be honest, I know very little about the group. I don't know who's behind it as the administrators of the site are choosing to remain anonymous.

For all the information that is available, you can visit the RESTORE-SAM website, read the two articles I wrote and/or visit the the New England Outdoor Voice, where founders of RESTORE-SAM opted to make their announcement and still remain anonymous.

You can weigh in here with any thoughts about SAM, RESTORE-SAM and all related information.

In case anyone was wondering, I am NOT in anyway affiliated with RESTORE-SAM.

You should also be aware that there is a ton of really bad information flying around about SAM, RESTORE-SAM, Maine Ice Anglers Association, Trout Unlimited, DDAS, etc. In short, you can't believe the majority of what you are reading.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
"For all the information that is available, you can visit the RESTORE-SAM website, read the two articles I wrote and/or visit the the New England Outdoor Voice, where founders of RESTORE-SAM opted to make their announcement and still remain anonymous."

If this was a legitimate attempt to redirect this organization..why anonymous?

I agree....smells rotten in denmark!!!!!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
smell's rotting in denmark------stink's in maine !!!!!!

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There didn't seem to be much interest in what RESTORE-SAM was doing at least to the point of generating and comments BUT, at their website they are seeking answers to a question.
With SAM's apparent failure to once again enact Sunday Hunting, do you think it is in the best interest of SAM members for SAM to continue to push for Sunday Hunting?
You can go to their website and read a bit more about the basis for the question and then submit a response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts