Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Turkey season is a little over a month away. Anyone out scouting? What are you seeing, how are the numbers and do you think its going to be a good year. Are you making any new equipment changes?:gitrdone:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Thousands of birds, everywhere I look! Well, at least hundreds. Lots of hens and gobblers.
As you know, the hunting part belongs to the weather gods. Rain can ruin the season as far as traditional hunting methods!
As for me, I'm going to use the same 20guage over/under I always have, same blind but I'll be putting in for Landowner permits for the whole family!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Central Maine is loaded, I think it's going to be harder to hunt public land due to the number of hunters. Good idea to start seeking land permission now! Certainly a lot more birds in southern Aroostook.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am seeing some birds here and there. But not as many as normal for this time of year. Nate was over in NH scouting for youth day and saw 4 big flocks.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Chris, you are still invited to hunt my place if you're still interested! Route 126 (Sabatus Street) out of Lewiston will bring you straight to Litchfield.
We are usually up around 4am anyways and coffe is always on! Just let me know when you want to film a hunt or do some scouting...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh I am so there. Love to see new places and people. I have a special hunter for the first Saturday. He is an severly autistic 15 year old. I met him at a wedding over the winter and promised his dad I would help get him on a bird. Mabey we will team up for that one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have nearly 75 birds staying in a 3 square mile block behind my place, but they will break up pretty soon after the pecking order is established. Ive been using my sled to check areas, the numbers have skyrocketed this year!!
Lots of Mature Birds, saw one feeding in town Waterville that was nearly dragging his neck tie, break out the bow!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts