Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some sheds my Uncle Steve and Uncle Harold found.

First 2 pics are 2 matching sets my Uncle Steve found, the model is his son, my cousin, Andrew
(sold for $400 and $450)

the last pic is of my 7-yo cousin Logan with a single shed my Uncle Harold found, it weighed 19.5 lbs.

Anyone else have any big sheds that they have found that they would like to share?

God is Love!
Justin

·
Registered
147 Posts
Real nice!--Did they get scored in the MASTC moose shed catagory?--Yet!

Cleaning up the back room over the garage I stuck these off to the sides. Used to look real hard in years past, now there's more hornhunters here that horns. Plus with atv's limited in the spring abd newly gated roads It's quite hard to get back to the good areas.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Man that IS a nice collection! There's a guy who make all kinds of stuff out of antlers. You should send him some and have him make ya something! I can't remember the business name. I can get it if you want. Nice people. They are at the Fryeburg Fair every year in one of the craft buildings.

My best friend has a couple sheds from Monhegan Island from back when they had deer (his family has three houses out there). One of them is HUGE!!! I mean I can barely get my thumb and middle finger around the damn base of this thing! Impressive. Must have had good food out there.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've sold many to people who make crafts and antler designs. The smaller ones mostly. Thuth is these you see above have been picked through many times and moslt are ones they didn't want.
Back in the 80's there was a valley being opened up to logging. This area hadn't been logged since the 50's at least. The road had only been opened about a mile and at that time just cut and bulldozed. The area was loaded with moose. I spent the first hunting season there and within a few weeks had found over 40 old sheds.
I'm sure CCorbett has drove that road many times since.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice collection..... impressive! Ever sell any?
I've sold many in the past. Friend in Oquossoc does real well selling his in that tourist trap.
I set out a sign for a few years. had a good time talking with people. twice I was aked if I had shot all these moose!
Ones a woman sat in the car while her friend looked the collection over. The one in the car with a snarl said, I suppose you hunt?-I replies that I surely did! she didn't know that moose shed their rack every year.:p -Her loss!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Holy Cow! :faint:

That is quite a collection you got there....

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I'ld like a set to rattle with.... been looking can't seem to locate any sheds around my grounds. (pm me with a price.....including shipping)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
wow thats some sweet shed's.....

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Watches we dont need no stinking watches !

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wouldn't buy no damn watch on-line !! But I have been out with the old 73 elan looking for some shed's,,,aint found nun yet though. but I aint put too much effort in it either...just seems nice to git out ...:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts