Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't heard one way or the other how much you guys like the new forums here. We transfered the old forum over to this new one because it is more secure, faster, has much better features, and you can actually upload photos from your computer straight into your posts. :mrgreen:

So tell me what you think!!

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
I am exceptionally happy with the new features and thanks you. I know that doing this for us was a lot of work and expensive.

There are a lot of message boards on the Internet but this software is the cream of the crop! Thanks again for your hard work in providing this service for all of us.

If some of you are wondering why I posted this is simple. I had nothing to do with getting this done. I was busy doing other things.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'm not sure I like it yet... I'm a crusty ol' poop who don't like changes!

I really liked the old colors, they were comfortable on my eyes. NOT SO LOUD AS THESE ARE! *grin*

And what's this little fairy sign on the left? A leaf?

Well, I guess I can get used to it if I have to.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I am trying to find a different icon to replace the fairyish leaf one.

There are pros and cons to this new board. First off the best thing is the functionality, the security, and the ease of doing things.

The biggest drawback I have seen is there aren't a lot of nice looking themes.

I am still searching for a good one and it has been months. This is the best looking one that I can see.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Oh, Geez, Jack! You don't like to "Tiptoe throught the Tulips"? :roflmao:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Don't get me wrong Steve, I really do like the new board look but if I told you that, you would get a big head! Besides, us cranky old guys have to have something to whine about.

Tom . . . LOL

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ok I can't figure out the quick reply feature:fear: The times are all off but they maybe something to do with my profile so I'll check. I guess I'm like the Cap'n :-D I think once we all get use to it overtime it will be fine. Security is a good thing and with all the bozo's out there who like to screw things up additional security can never hurt.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Moose,

We'll have to wait until the master gets back from the bank and post office to ask him about quick post. I'm not smart enough either.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Moose all you need to do is instead of hitting reply just type in the box underneath and when you are done hit the 'Post Quick Reply' button.

The times should be edited in your profile. Let me know if you get it worked out. :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
I would like to post in the box down below but to do that it says to click on one of the quick post icons above in the last post. I don't see no quick reply icons.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Say wha??? :faint:

·
Registered
489 Posts
At the bottom of the last post there is a button that says QUOTE and next to it there is a button with two arrow things pointing upward. The one with the arrows is the quick reply.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Now that I understand but how was anyone to know??

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I dont' know but I see a huge box at the bottom of each thread that says quick reply and you just start typing. It covers about 70% of my screen.

I just thought everybody else could see it.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Not on my computer! Ithaca was right. First you have to go up and click on the little box on the lower right hand corner with the "up arrows" on it. That makes the quick post active and THEN you can type in the text box.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
I always have used FF until recently when I began having issues with it but today I am at my daughter's house working and I'm using FireFox and it works the same as IE as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I use FireFox and sometimes I can't see photos or other things. I also have to "click" on the ^ in order to reply.
Internet Explorer syphons information from your computer and sends it to Micro$$$$oft, it also causes problems with software "they" didn't design.

The problem here stems from a short sighted programmer who was taught by Micro$$$oft on IE, not wanting to lose their syphoning funds and if Steve can find the right little button to click nobody will have the problem anymore.

I think he'll have this fixed in no time!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts