Spring Turkey Season

Discussion in 'Maine Turkey Hunting' started by GA Moose, Jan 22, 2006.

1. With the temps in high 70's this week and the hay fields greening up, got me to thinking about this Spring turkey season, our Season starts on March 25, 2006 and runs thur May 15,2006 with a 3 gobbler limit, when does your season start in "your neck of the woods"

2. Moose

Moose

We just had a one week season close here last Saturday. They give us a one week season where you can take either a hen or a gobbler but it counts against your spring tags. I did it last year got a hen and then tagged a gobbler on the second day of the spring season. Man was I bored the rest of the season when I couldn't hunt. So I skipped it this year.

3. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

In Maine, the turkey season starts May 1 for the A season and May 8 for the B season. One bearded turkey per permit holder!

4. Our season starts the end of April.
    We are allowed two birds a year, I think I'm going to take my 11 year old daughter out with me opening day and let her take the first one.
    She wants to go, so I told her to keep her grade to at least a B and to be nice to her little brother. :roll:

Just to get you going a bit, here is a pic of me with the bigger of my two birds last year.
    [​IMG]

5. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

Wow! Great turkey! What kind of bird is that you're holding :lol: :lol:

6. Lil John... nice picture...!! Quite impressive.

Oh and nice turkey... 8)

7. LilJohn.....nice bird
    with all the warm temps the past couple weeks........in the 70's and the hay fields getting green, the turkeys have been busy buggin in the fields, come on March :D

8. SJ

SJ

March 15 here and they are starting to gobblle pretty good.

9. came accross this "strut zone" this weekend.............had 3 gobblers in it, all of them were trying to breed this one poor ole hen!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

10. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

a regular ole gang bang eh?