Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you get your duck hunting license do they still give you stamps? I know a few years back when I lived in Ohio and was working in Sporting Goods it was up to the person to mail in proof of their license purchase and then it could take 6-8 weeks before they would get their stamps. But if they never sent them in they would never get their stamps.

What's it like here in Maine?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think on state level most have done away with giving you an actual stamp. Of course the feds still give ya a stamp and good luck at the post office if you can find someone on the first try who knows what your talking about.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
You have to buy both stamps here in Maine.
You can buy the state duck stamp where you bought your license or at IF&W in Augusta.
The federal stamp you can get at the post office. I have never had a problem getting either stamp but then I live within spitting distance from Merrymeeting Bay!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Actually, the Maine stamp is just a collector stamp now. You have to buy the license add on. So here in Maine, you buy the license, which is $7.25 and then go to the Post Office and get the Federal Migratory Waterfowl Stamp which is $15, then apply it to the back of your license and sign it. Every states license/stamp is different, but you must have the Federal stamp in every state. Duane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts