Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
on 3/15/07 a friend and I went to check out his Property he had purchased in Cary Plantation Me. we drove onto the land an then walked about 1/2 mile into the land. We saw some moose signs, but strangly
we saw what we belive to be a huge cat paw prints......
It was no dog or coyote we know the difference, these were huge.
I'm wondering if there have ever been Mountian Lion/Panther
sightings in the Cary area ? ? ?
Thanks
Jerry

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
No mountain lions in Maine. Never has been. Never will be! ;)

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
no k-6 i think he might be right the last couple times ive been out i have seen a hugh cat track near my bait at first i thought it was a bobcat in soft snow but then i saw it again on hard crust a little bigger than a .308 round across. and yes there here a friend of mine saw one cross I-95 here south of howland maine, if not cougar explain what they are ? if i see one next to my bait i will pop it and take pictures...just to prove it to people there is a huge kitty in the area.....here kitty-kitty.... ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
K-6 I hate to say it but you are wrong on this one. There are mountain lions in Maine been here for years. I have several friends that have seen them and I had one on my coyote bait 3 years ago. The state will never say they are here because it will hurt the economy.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Funny how this keeps coming up...... you might want to go over to the Predator section....seems we talked about this before.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I always love these discussions. You see the little wink Kenton6 left all of us after his short post. I wonder if he is up to no good and trying to get something started. I wouldn't put it past him. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
work's 4 me ! :) but its good reading aint it :!:

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Ain't no mountain lions in Maine. Never has been and never will be! ;););););)
Is that enough winks for ya?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Kenton6, I gotcha, I reported a sighting of a wolf on the Golden Road to the wardens station in Sidney once, the Biologist laughed, sauntered over to a poster on a wall with three names that had marks under each, the first was cougar, the second was wolves, and the third Elvis, he marked under wolves that had 4 marks and walked off!!
As for the tracks, I have seen pics of mountain lions in my area, but I am a cat hunter and have seen huge Lynx tracks as well, they could fool most anyone.
If you have snow, look for tail marks in the path they travel, that will help if the snow is deep enough!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts