Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I hang a stand I use climbing sticks, then remove the bottom half and hide it. I go to my stand Wednesday afternoon, excited and confident, only to find that someone had stolen the upper half of my climbing sticks, but not my treestand. Why go to the effort of shinnying up a tree, then not taking the stand. I guess I should count myself lucky that the thief didn't take the stand. I talked to the forester who manages the timber on the property and he told me he bought land somewhere else because he was sick of the hastle hunting there.

Just one of many of the unfortunate theft stories you may hear here this hunting season.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Its unfortunate that things like this happen. It is suspicious that the guilty party didn't take the stand itself. Is it possible that an anti in the area may have been trying to discourage you? I use a climbing stand myself and carry a cable and lock if I'm going to leave my stand in the woods, but I still cover it with brush to try not to draw any attention to it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a high concentration of Moonbats in the area. The forester for the tract I'm hunting alluded to the possibility that it may be a hunter on an adjacent lot. Who knows?

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Maybe a trail cam would do the trick! Or just wait in the bushes with a little rock salt in your shotgun.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
The trail cams are getting a lot of court time already, from what I hear. I currently have one on my lot watching over my box trailer where my saws were taken from. Too bad I didn't have them then!
I am attempting to put more of these cams out as hunting season gets closer, to watch the things I leave on the property.

Sorry you lost your ladder.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
A moonbat is a bleeding heart liberal whacko. One who valued the life of an animal over that of a man. And other such nonsense

·
Registered
161 Posts
thieves

to bad about your climbing sticks whoever took them was no real hunter in my mind. putting up trail cams is a good idea ,my hunting camp was broken into last year so i decided to setup a trail cam. the bandits hit again and guess what, they also stole the cam this time. no matter how hard we try to make our belongings safe,if someone wants them bad enough they are history. whats worst is the policeman who investigated my breakin said that catching the thieves would be almost impossible.love to catch someone wearing my size 12 lacross boots because they would get another one to go with them, if you get my drift.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
set a bear trap right under your stand..you''ll catch the lil'''ba$#@%...just dont forget you set it there.....i use to know a person who stole a stand once and sold it to a game warden of all people.....nothing was done to the thief or the warden leagely....lets just say the thief paid dearly for his crime.get er done !!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts