Trappers Weekend

Discussion in 'Maine Trapping' started by sremington, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Anybody go to Trappers Weekend... the one Neil Olsen puts on down around Bethel, ME??

2. I used to go to that one every year but I missed last year. I always had a great time but never stayed the whole weekend. Maybe this year I'll stay over...

3. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

My daughter would shoot me if she knew I was relaying this message. When she was about 6 or 7 years old, she was with me at one of Neil's trapper's weekend. I was in Neil's garage doing some stuff for him and all of a sudden I heard this familiar sounding voice. My daughter had gotten up in front of the crowd, took the mike and began her rendition of "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" - of course from the musical broadway show Annie.
    That was many moons ago.

4. Yep, I do remember that. I was under the seats trying to hide.

5. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

well, at least you weren't hiding AND crying

6. I believe that was the same day I crashed Neil's 4-wheeler into his fence... :lol: :lol:

7. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

Is that why he doesn't speak to me anymore?

8. Steve, they have one in Medway every Fall too! And I think last year they had one in the New Sharon area. I would love to make the circut and hit every one of them.

9. kenton6

kenton6 Administrator

They are a lot of fun and you can learn alot too.

10. For the past several years I've taken some moose "horns" for display to help Neil out with his wekend. Haven't picked many new sheds up in the last few years so I'm sitting this year out.
    Camping for the weekend with friends. look forward to this event every year. Buy all kinds of stuff I'll never use :roll: