Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled out the bow the other day and tried the "Hindsight" to see if it would be better than the peep. It was very hard to use, at least for me. It is nice to only see one pin in the center, but very hard to keep there. probably would not be much of a problem for a more skilled shooter. The concept is also a little weird. you center on the same pin every time and lift your other pins up to the target. So if I am using the 20 yard pin in the center and have a 40 yard shot, I put the 20 in the center and lift the 40 up to the animal. gets a little confusing, keeping one pin in the sight and putting one on the animal (unless it is a 20 yard shot). I believe I will stick with the peep, has not failed yet so why fix something if it isn't broken. Anyway, just my 2 cents.
I did however bring a friend over to try shooting a bow. I have been on him for about 2 years to shoot, but he has not shown any interest. He is now hooked on the bow and will probably buy one. God Bless.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Won't use the sight the way they suggest... instead I plan on using it like a rifle site. Then use knowledge and Kentucky windage to adjust hold on the animal, and to set the pin like the bead on a front site. Shooting known ranges should boost accuracy... and the rear site should be easier to align then a peep site is now.

only one way to find out............

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right on that. easiest way is to only have one pin and remove the others. I have a friend that does this and is really good now. It took alot of practice but I don't think he could shoot the other way now. I frowned on this when I first heard it, but I like the concept now. I shot a doe at 47 yards last year using the 30 yard pin (broke the 40 by tightening to hard). vertically was good, I just hit to far back, but it worked out. I still prefer 3 pins though, works for me. Good luck my friend, go get'em.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have the hindsite on my bowtech.. i like it.. i "kill" a tennis ball everytime out to 40 yds... thats with a broadhead too

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cannot get used to the hindsight, so mine is just collecting dust. Anybody wants it, just let me know. I will send it to ya.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mefishme,
just noticed you are from livermore falls. I used to go down to leeds deer hunting every year before I had kids. I still go turkey hunting down there. My wifes stepsister lives in leeds and I hunt with her husband. Actually, I hunted some land in livermore falls also. my brother in law knows a guy from livermore, Gerard (don't know the last name) he owns massive amounts of land. I believe he cuts wood. Anyway, nice area down there. God Bless

1 - 6 of 6 Posts