Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like star date for the gobble chasers. Since the season is not it yet. I will start checking in with scouting reports. Any other addicts out there please check in with your daily progress. Tommorow I will get my lazy butt out of bed and check on a few flocks.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I was out again today (nearly four miles) and with knee deep snow in most of my woods, haven't seen the big flocks but one to five birds tracks like they are searching for something.
Right now I am trying to stay away from field edges so as not to spook them off. As the snow-pack recedes I will begin to shock -call to locate larger batches of birds.

Will keep you posted!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took the spud out this afternoon to shoot the new 20 ga. Did the ole bait and switch. I had him shoot a few low brass #6 shots. and then slipped in a 3 inch turkey load why he was not looking. The first one rocked him. He looked at me like "what was that?" Then we strolled over to the target and he saw the massive hole he made.... "can I do it again?"

I feel like the gun is shooting well up to 35 yards, so I think that will be our range.

·
Registered
49 Posts
hopefully I can get out for the first time this year. Hard because school is coming to an end and finals are during my week.
We'll see if I can finagle it.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did the loop before school today. However I did not see many gobblers. I think they are still in the woods due to all the snow we have. I need the fields to start opening up.

In two weeks I will pull out all the stops and ask the 78 pairs of eyes what they are seeing on the way to class.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Starting to see more turkeys out and about. After the kids have a go around this weekend, game on monday. Are we all ready???:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts