Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spoke of a large flock in my backyard before, they usually start breaking up by now, but they are still here? I can look out my window any time of the day and count 20 to 50 birds. In the mornings up to 75, if they dont break up soon, Im going to have a hard time getting in there without spooking them with all those eye's watching, not to mention trying to pull the Tom's of ton's of hens. Anyone else having this issue to contend with?

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have been in bed for 3 days sick as a man can get. So I did not get out to scout. But a few of my pals went out and said birds were everywhere and in full rut. One guy got 20 minute of breeding footage.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had the same damn virus, home for 3 days wiped right out, but through the window I see plenty. I told my boy to stay away from them, but he is right out there with his diaphrams clucking away. He called two young toms with 4 to 5 inch beards within shotgun range of the house, called me on the cell phone and says dad look out the window, there he is sitting with his back against his Hound dogs house, pointing at the birds. Then he laughs and says dad now what do I do lol!!

Got to love the inosense of a kid!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dont know about you guys, but turkey hunting is a major pump for me.
I love to here them gobblin their heads off, getting closer and hanging up, closer and hanging up, the tension is unreal!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just got in from a scouting trip, several nice Toms in all of my haunts. A few deer in the fields as well. Time to break out the box call and drive the family crazy tonight.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I've had 3 calls from FOOD farmers, to do some ADC work. If these turkeys don't move on before the farmers plant, I may have to buy a semi-auto with the extended tube-magazine!
Who needs a box call when over 50 turkeys come running when a TRACTOR starts up! Sheeeesh!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
He he he, I can see it now, local warden pulls up to a farm and there are three guys reloading and emptying semi-autos on a flock of buzzards! Might look something like this!

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
Hey! That's my front yard!:lol2:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Who me? No, I don't teach school.

Did I make you laugh? I laugh everytime I see that picture. Somebody sent it to me and I just saved it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts