Maine Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I used to work for Walmart in the Sporting Goods dept and we had no demand for guns. I was a manager there for 2 years and I only carried one rifle out the door. All the other guns I sold were paintball or bb

I don't think it is an anti-guns thing on the part of Walmart, but more of a a business thing. But you are right the antis will have a field day over this. :roll:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
The ammo seems to be fine, I think the person opening the sliding glass door may hand you the wrong ones. The customer service is terrible at Walmart. If you go to purchase ammo after 8pm you may have to wait at the desk for an hour or go searching other departments for a person with a key. Sometimes a few phone calls and 3 or 4 intercoms later a lady who works over in the Jewelry department will show up to get you your ammo and you have to literally point to and touch the box to insure you get the proper ammo... :roll:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Lil John said:
I once bought a BB gun at Wal Mart. After paying for the gun and filling out the proper paper work, the clerk told me she would have to carry the gun out for me. :shock:
I asked why and she told me it was store policy, I couldn't believe it.
So me being a law abiding man :D asked her if she had an FID or license to carry, (Massachusetts law) she informed me that she did not. I then told her I could not allow her to carry my gun, because she would be in illegal posesion of a firearm and I could be punished by the law for allowing it. :D
The clerk was so confused she called a superviser, who I posed the same questions to, He could not produce a license iether. :?
So I picked up my gun and left the store. 8)
BB Guns and even blackpowder rifles do not have to be carried out of the store. Only shotguns and high power rifles if they sell them. When I worked there I couldn't believe the people who didn't know the difference. I remember I had carried a blackpowder rifle to the front once when I didn't have to because the store manager even believed it was a high powered rifle and told me I had to. I told her that I didn't have to because it was a blackpowder and she laughed at me and said I ought to anyway as if she was unsure. When I carried it out by the front door several shoppers looked at me like I was some mad man carrying a weapon. Mothers would grab their children and hold them close, people would change direction right in the store to avoid me, and such.

It was really a very weird experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.